Northwestern: What did we learn?

1.  Strength and conditioning is way behind schedule.

2. O-line still cannot open holes consistently

3.  Defense looks as bad as the final Pelini years which resulted in him getting fired despite 9 wins

4.  Frost still sucks as a head coach...no other way around it.  He has one of the lowest football IQs I have ever seen.

On a brighter note, our punter looked amazing and likely has a future NFL career ahead of him. Based upon today's performance, he will get many opportunities to show his skills this season.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

What I learned is that I really don't care if we got cheated out of 7 points and should've pulled it out and won by a couple points; I think we should've pummeled NW. I don't care if Fox wanted Paddy Fitzgerald to win in Ireland; the kind of team I want the Huskers to be would've pummeled Paddy and his 3-9 team. Most of the new coaches and players looked pretty good....most of the old ones looked awful. I'd go back to the Solich pro set style and take snaps under center.....this style of ball is weak garbage. I'd pressure on defense...we may not have the most talent, but we gave all day and the Heisman to their so-so QB once again. I don't expect any meaningful changes.

I haven’t gone thru this thread yet, but this game wasn’t Adrian’s fault. 

Just now, lo country said:

We were up by 11.  WTH would that have even entered his mind.  How about, I am going to control the clock, play smart and win....As you so eloquently put, No words.  SMH.

One of the worst calls I have seen as a fan of 40 years. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2