Don't Stay Frosty

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

I liked Frost's hire with Joseph and Whipple. Really didn't like his hire of Riola and Offensive Line continues to dissapoint.

Look at the players/talent  Raiola has to work with.  He has been tasked with the near impossible.  

1 minute ago, Leonard Sarasota said:

Would not recommend Malzahn. Once the SEC figured out his high school offense he was nothing but mediocre. Patterson may in fact be burnt out. His career at TCU was weird in the fact that initially they were known for defense but then became an offensive heavy team. Another name to consider and would be a grand slam hire. Matt Rhule. Miracle worker at Temple and Baylor post the Briles fiasco. He's probably in his last season with the Carolina Panthers. 

Rhule is another interesting name.

Petersen

Stoops

Rhule

These are some solid names, but the question will be would any come to Nebraska? Also, this is week 0, handful of other programs are going to have their week 0 moments throughout the year and there will be many more openings by January. Rhule may have his pick of wherever he wants to go.

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Look at the players/talent  Raiola has to work with.  He has been tasked with the near impossible.  

Sure a unit that seems to be bad since the early 00's, but if I remember correctly didn't the offensive line improve just a tad by last season's end under Austin? 

Probably the first trip to the (almost), European continent for husker fans. It’s a shame that it takes a football team to get them there. However when you’re in Nebraska there’s not so much to do and you put all your eggs in the wrong basket. Time to open the horizons and explore other options in life and geography.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Fickell, Mark Stoops, Tom Herman, Hugh Freeze, Urban Meyer … gotta have a guy who can recruit top talent to Lincoln. 3* guys aren’t gonna cut it. 

The problem I have with this, is that those 3* players seem to cut it in Madison and Iowa City.  Sure, neither will ever win a NC, but neither will we.  

Yall are gonna feel real silly when Nebraska is 11-1 and spot #4 in the playoff getting that rematch with 13-0 B1G champion Northwestern!

Okay just kidding, what a pathetic second half and showing.  Thanks for wasting our time Scott.  Can't wait to rebuild again next year with another Mike Riley type perennial loser.

Go Big Red or whatever 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
26 minutes ago, lo country said:

It's an evolution of what TO was running.  Uses some triple option off of RPO at times.  Has a very balanced attack regarding pass to run ratio.  Can use 2 back sets when needed by bringing slot into backfield or the TE.  It is fun to watch for sure.

Couldn’t our coaches do that? Develop those kind of plays?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

The problem I have with this, is that those 3* players seem to cut it in Madison and Iowa City.  Sure, neither will ever win a NC, but neither will we.  

Exactly.  It's time to let go folks. We will never do more than sniff a conference title again,  but we could be Iowa or Wisconsin and be respectable.  That is the new goal,  let the past die.  Let the sell out streak die.  Start something new. 

Just now, Decoy73 said:

7 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Rhule is another interesting name.

Petersen

Stoops

Rhule

These are some solid names, but the question will be would any come to Nebraska? Also, this is week 0, handful of other programs are going to have their week 0 moments throughout the year and there will be many more openings by January. Rhule may have his pick of wherever he wants to go.

As someone that has followed UW got a lot of years.  I would be floored if Chris Petersen ever coaches again on the college level.  He wasn't a big fan of the way recruiting was going a few years ago.  I can only imagine how much he'd hate it now.

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Fickell, Mark Stoops, Tom Herman, Hugh Freeze, Urban Meyer … gotta have a guy who can recruit top talent to Lincoln. 3* guys aren’t gonna cut it. Rhule is a solid pick. 

On no planet can I ever see Mark Stoops leaving Kentucky for Nebraska?  I mean...why would he?  He makes more money at UK with 5% of the expectations.  UK is maybe the best D1 job in the country when you factor everything in.

• Plus1 1