Who should our next HC be?

I 10000% wanted Frost to work, seemed like the perfect choice at the time.  But, here we are, looking at a potential coaching change.  So my question is, who do you realistically want Trev to go after?  Gundy?  Campbell?  Just curious of realistic names Husker Nation wants to go after.  

• Plus1 2

Stoops, Petersen - guys that if want back in we must grab.  Will the new BIG entice them?

Aranda, Gundy, Shaw - Big 12 and Pac 12 are crumbling, only so many seats at the dance guys.

Fickell - his conference is irrelevant. Allows him to get a spot at a Blue Blood and get in the BIG. I think he will end up in the BIG at some point. 

If Frost is fired, he needs to go to the Nick Saban school of coaches who don't coach good. That would help him tremendously. Even if he were hired as a WR coach or co-OC. 

1 Big name guy- Kiffin is someone I would love to have and he was born here. (Aranda, Fickell, Campbell would be great too)

2 Former HC now OC- Bill O'brien- after the Saban schooling could get us back to winning. He also sees what a championship looking team looks like. 

3 The Solid hire- Lance Leipold- has won everywhere he went and would get us back to consistency. If he can get Kansas to 7-8 wins this year I would believe he can get us to those seasons and more. 

4 The in house hire- Mickey Joseph/ Whipple - keep almost all the staff intact, hire a few new coaches and see what we can do. After the onside kick, maybe Frost is holding this team back. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

If Frost is fired, he needs to go to the Nick Saban school of coaches who don't coach good. That would help him tremendously. Even if he were hired as a WR coach or co-OC. 

I posted this elsewhere, but I'm curious what Stephon Wynn is thinking,.  He came from 'Mama; their culture, coaches, standards of excellence.  Where would he see parallels and divergence?  We have our suspicions, but we're not getting it straight from the coaches (year two Frost was giggling in early pressers how great the team was vs year one)...how about a player who has seen the very best at every angle?

Directly to your point for Scott, I do wish him the best.  

Here is the list

Urban: Easy fit, 10 million a year, pretty much would dominate the west and knows he would be in the (new) playoff each year...The problem is, it seems Trev might be a huge f#&%ing dork.

Matt Rhule:  This is a hugee get.

Dave Aranda:  Can't wait to leave Baylor

I know some of you dudes love Matt C...but no.

• Fire 1
14 minutes ago, Rk_kerk said:

Not sexy, but I would take a long look at Chris Klieman. Won on the lower level, has Kansas State going in the right direction.

I like the offensive system he runs, and will bring some toughness to the trenches.

Ah no- no more experimental coaches 

I’m down with the d-bag urban- can win in the B10, won’t be around long but will change the program trajectory 

13 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Ah no- no more experimental coaches 

I’m down with the d-bag urban- can win in the B10, won’t be around long but will change the program trajectory 

Not sure I would call Klieman an experimental coach. 8 years HC experience, and 3 years in power five conference. 

We will see how Kansas State does this year, but a tougher more physical offense and fundamentally sound defense is what I would search for. In my eye Klieman has Kansas State headed in that direction with ALOT less talent.

Plus we could reasonably get him. Kansas State has a terrible year it’s a obvious no. They turn out a 8-4,9-3 season and continue to go in right direction I would take a look.

Like I said under the radar name. Not the top of my list, but a name I would consider.

• Plus1 1

What about going for coach with no head coaching experience? It seems to work out MUCH better for us. Couldn't be much worse than our current coach who was a consensus home run, perfect fit and destined for great things hire.

Looking at our last 6 HC hires.

Every coach we've hired with previous HC experience has been an unmitigated disaster.

Every coach we've hired without HC experience has been successful.

Coaches with previous HC experience. 61-71 - 46.2%

• Callahan 27-22
  • Riley 19-19
  • Frost 15-30

Coaches without previous HC experience. 380-95-3 - 79.5%

• Osborne 255-49-3
  • Solich 58-19
  • Pelini 67-27
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4