Who should our next HC be?

Urban wins.  If you can get him here for even 3 years recruits begin to come , winning begins, culture changes.   For me best case scenario would be to work with him, ask him to bring his heir apparent with him and when he is ready he leaves and hands over the team.   He is just a hired gun to change things and make himself a bunch of money. I’m tired of being an embarrassment.   Nobody in their right mind should thing we can be what we once were in the 99s but we should be able to win 8-10 games a year consistently again. Bring in the absolute best proven coach we can no matter what. 

• Plus1 1

Urb reunited with Tom Herman at OC 

Urb wants to prove he's still the big swinging dong of college coaching.  He'd get any recruit here, as mentioned other places NIL deals wipe out any "non recruiting hot bed arguements" these days.   Second, he would NEVER surround himself with a JV staff, so if any "health issues" sprout up, there is a track record of coaching tree awesomeness that could easily take control of the train successfully(like the OC mentioned above).  Thirdly, he is very cognizant and respectful of the history and tradition of NU so that is an allure he could be drawn to.  "Wake the sleeping giant from a couple decades of hibernation" is a challenge his ego probably needs to fulfill.

Finally those that are scared of the "embarassing" past transgression of his, I present the last five years of a s#!tshow as Exhibit A.  

• Plus1 3

Maybe I'm out of my mind, but I can't imagine Joseph or Whipple coming here for a one and done season.  I would venture to guess both of those coaches will remain if/when Frost is shown the door.  It might be telling that Joseph is listed as the associate head coach.  I would guess Trev believes the offense will be in good hands with those two running the show.  He'll either leave it up to Joseph or assist Joseph in finding the coaches for the other side of the ball.  

The subject I want to really discuss is conference alignment and where Nebraska fits into it.  Let's assume the B1G and the SEC get up to 20-30 teams.  At some point in time, there is going to be a day of reckoning.  Dead weight will have to be trimmed from the conference.  Nonperforming schools will more than likely be voted off the island.  Is volleyball enough to keep us in the B1G?  The further we fall, the more fans we lose.  I can't think the media market in Lincoln and Omaha is large enough to keep us a spot at the table once the super conferences start trimming the fat.    

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Aranda is bound for the SEC. He has Auburn written all over him

I'd be tremendously surprised if he went to Auburn.  Not sure if you've read this yet but it sounds like he hated his time at LSU.  Auburn is essentially a worse version of LSU with crazier boosters plus you're in the same state as Alabama.  You take the Auburn job to get fired and get a huge buyout.  That's literally it.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34426714/why-baylor-dave-aranda-unlike-college-football-coach-know

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Maybe I'm out of my mind, but I can't imagine Joseph or Whipple coming here for a one and done season.  I would venture to guess both of those coaches will remain if/when Frost is shown the door.  It might be telling that Joseph is listed as the associate head coach.  I would guess Trev believes the offense will be in good hands with those two running the show.  He'll either leave it up to Joseph or assist Joseph in finding the coaches for the other side of the ball.  

The subject I want to really discuss is conference alignment and where Nebraska fits into it.  Let's assume the B1G and the SEC get up to 20-30 teams.  At some point in time, there is going to be a day of reckoning.  Dead weight will have to be trimmed from the conference.  Nonperforming schools will more than likely be voted off the island.  Is volleyball enough to keep us in the B1G?  The further we fall, the more fans we lose.  I can't think the media market in Lincoln and Omaha is large enough to keep us a spot at the table once the super conferences start trimming the fat.    

agree, we are burning daylight with Frost.  need to act swiftly, excuse show is over.  

the Trev experiment can't last a whole season.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The good news is that Nebraska spend whatever it wants on a quality coach. 

Furthermore, nearly anybody - and this is not hyperbole - will be an improvement over Scott Frost. It literally can't get worse than what he's done to this program. 3-9 last year,  15-30 overall with what awaits Nebraska this November? It's bad. 

Perhaps Nebraska can entertain a guy like Aranda who's inherited a difficult situation in a program, much worse than Nebraska, and turned things around for Baylor. If Nebraska wants to gamble and pay a coach less, Chadwell is an option as well. Coaches like Campbell, Rhule, or nearly anybody would be fine as well. All would be improvements. 

As bad as it is.  Riley was worse.  They were on their way to a winless season if he stayed.  I have no doubt.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, hunter49 said:

agree, we are burning daylight with Frost.  need to act swiftly, excuse show is over.  

the Trev experiment can't last a whole season.

If it comes to it, Frost wont be fired until his buyout drops in Oct.

I agree about the reckoning. The brand is continuing to take hits. Brand is what matter in the current CFB landscape.

16 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

I think you're completely sane. What you wrote is likely the plan if this bottom-feeder crap doesn't get fixed.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

As bad as it is.  Riley was worse.  They were on their way to a winless season if he stayed.  I have no doubt.

Isn't this basically the same argument for firing Solich and Bo?  We were told Solich had to go so we didn't become mediocre.  We are currently below mediocre.  Bo had to go because he was going to eventually fall on his own sword due to his lack of recruiting and we were going to be terrible.  I honestly can't agree that we would currently be worse had Riley been retained.  

At some point in time, don't we have to look deeper into the program than just what we see during the games?  Who didn't feel a case of deja vu yesterday while watching Casey Thompson?  

40 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Not sure what you put after this.  It doesn’t really matter.

Every team they play is vastly more talented than they are, and they win. Air Force nearly won their division last year. They won their bowl game against Louisville. 

I provide proof that it works. All the doubters have is conjecture. 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Chadwell, Calhoun, or Monken. Bring option football back to Lincoln. 

Come on now im upset with how they played but there is still a season to play. Let the season play out before we start naming coaches to replace him. Yes I can understand everybody's frustrations with the onside kick and the defense but this is the very crap that the kids have to come back and listen too. 

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

For me ... this type of statement comes off as "apologist".  It's like Frost stating yesterday that "the offense needed to get a bit more creative".  He makes it out like that was the problem ... when he bloviated all off-season about all his improvements.  None was more clear than in his OL and DL.  Those guys are working so hard they are throwing up in practices.  Then, in a game they get manhandled by another bottom dweller team and have no push on D.

At present, Knebraska is on it's was to a winless season.  Ya, we know it won't happen because it's a puff schedule.

I think it's worse because Frost has set himself up to state that there has been so much improvement ... but the game film and score shows the facts.  I don't know why anyone wants to justify it ... but they do.  What gives?

• Plus1 1