Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, sho said:

What are opinions of Pat Narduzzi?   He's a great defensive mind, got some P5 HC experience.   A bit of a reda$$ like Saban and Belichick.    Seems like a lunch box type of guy and feel his teams are the same way.   Common belief is the ACC will be raided soon for both the SEC and BigTen, and we can offer more $$ than Pitt can.   I think he could be an under the radar home run hire for us.

Need a better body of work on Narduzzi before making a judgement. This will be a big year for him since he’s losing Pickett and Whipple. Last year was an outlier until he can prove otherwise. 

I like his time at MSU as a DC and how well that’s translated. He churns out a ton of NFL talent and has had a pretty hapless program competitive. 

I don’t like his recent comments in the media. I’ve had enough of that with frost since it obviously doesn’t win any games. He’s got a lot of Pelini in him. I think we can do better. 

40 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Have you already forgotten the last 5 years of this current experience??????

NIL $$$$ makes NU not being in a recruiting "hotbed" fairly irrelevant these days.  

Recruiting is still primarily geographic. If it weren’t maybe the SEC wouldn’t be the SEC. 

As far as urban’s concerned I'm glad we won’t have to worry about it because the guy is a cancer and Trev would never hire him. He’s not interested in a rebuild for any amount of money. Don’t waste your time on it. 

5 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Recruiting is still primarily geographic. If it weren’t maybe the SEC wouldn’t be the SEC. 

As far as urban’s concerned I'm glad we won’t have to worry about it because the guy is a cancer and Trev would never hire him. He’s not interested in a rebuild for any amount of money. Don’t waste your time on it. 

When Trev's job depends on this hire, you can bet all names will be considered.  All the guy has done in college is win.  And you also can bet that Urb's ego would love taking a "sleeping", tradition rich football school back to the promised land.  Money talks, and NU HAS plenty of it.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Pretty sure Utah, Florida, and Ohio St ended up just fine without him.

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

When Trev's job depends on this hire, you can bet all names will be considered.  All the guy has done in college is win.  And you also can bet that Urb's ego would love taking a "sleeping", tradition rich football school back to the promised land.  Money talks, and NU HAS plenty of it.  

This is where I am at.  All of the "insert coach won't come here" don't know the value and allure of the money and the prestige knowing you turned NU around.  Urbs has always spoken highly of NU.  I'm not looking for a HC to lead up my Sunday school lesson or the church choir.  I want a winner.  TO was a great coach, but he had some issues that occurred that with social media as it is today would have some issues.  

Urbs and Herman back together with Herman as "coach in waiting" doesn't sound too bad.  We'd immediately get national attention, dude does nothing but win at the college level and knows the B1G.  Why not get him or at least try. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, PaulCrewe said:

Unless Trev hires a HCMR 2.0, I don’t think his job depends on this next hypothetical hire.