Who should our next HC be?

If we want to win right away, Bo Pelini is one coach proven to be a winner. Would we hire him? Trev might as he seems to have his head on straight though I don't think the local media or vocal part of the fan base would accept the obvious (we were wrong to fire him in the first place).  Would Bo come back? Probably not, but could see it as a redemption story and it sounds like he's waiting for the next opportunity.

Truthfully though, I have kept my optimism that Frost & Co. will figure it out and get on a winning path. I still believe they can do so if the new hires can start to understand what wins in the Big Ten (dedication to the run & controlling the clock... and the basics of tackling). < Also requires Frost to keep his interview answers brief and not try to get cute when in a winning position. Wins the next two weeks are musts and I really believe the Oklahoma game is a great opportunity for the program. Hopefully we can show some life the next few weeks and just maybe we can have some optimism around here. 

:cheers Here's to wishful thinking.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

Would Stoops come here.

Same could be asked of any potential hire. Never know unless you ask. 

I'm as pessimistic as anyone, but I just can't agree with this "_______ won't come here so why even bother" nonsense. Did you guys go around saying the none of the prettiest girls would ever consider being with you, so why even bother and just settled for what you could get? What a sad way to live, and sad way of viewing things. Gotta take your shot. 

• Fire 1

Even replacement conversations are getting exhausting...Here's a few more realistic possibilities I think. I'd love coach Petersen...Like many other names, don't see it happening. Don't see Fickell coming. 

Jeff Hafley

Matt Campbell

Mark Stoops

Chris Klieman

Zac Taylor

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Even replacement conversations are getting exhausting...Here's a few more realistic possibilities I think. I'd love coach Petersen...Like many other names, don't see it happening. Don't see Fickell coming. 

Jeff Hafley

Matt Campbell

Mark Stoops

Chris Klieman

Zac Taylor

Zac would be absolutely insane to come here

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Jeff Hafley

Matt Campbell

Mark Stoops

Chris Klieman

Zac Taylor

Please stop mentioning Hafley and Klieman. Neither of those guys would be able to recruit the level of talent we need.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Jeff Hafley

Matt Campbell

Mark Stoops

Chris Klieman

Zac Taylor

100% spot on. We are a top 20-30 recruiting team year in and out. It doesn’t translate to the field. We need a developmental coach, who recruits to their strengths. Continue to build from there. This is a decade long fix not a 2 year fix. Need to build an identity and culture. 

Stoops or Klieman off that list for me.

5 minutes ago, Rk_kerk said:

100% spot on. We are a top 20-30 recruiting team year in and out. It doesn’t translate to the field. We need a developmental coach, who recruits to their strengths. Continue to build from there. This is a decade long fix not a 2 year fix. Need to build an identity and culture. 

Stoops or Klieman off that list for me.

A real coach can instill culture and identity in a year.  All this talk about another rebuild is the biggest load of s#!t.  Look around the country programs are flipping records in a year.  

The next guy needs to know this conference and coached at a high level power 5 school.  So that whole list goes to the garbage.  

• Plus1 1