Who should our next HC be?

56 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Well, very few know what Trev set the bar at. My guess is that Frost was told we need to go bowling for him to retain his job.

I think a bowl is obvious but so is a winning season (7-5).  Of course, the NU traditional standard measure was 9 wins.

I think Trev and Scott were discussing what SF expected to accomplish at Neb. Trev may have ask him, what he thot the team should be doing to be a successful season.  Frost would have said - compete for a championship.   Wont happen in 2022 but we will make big strides in that direction. We will improve and turn the close losses into wins.  

Those will be the pass / fail type assessment Trev will implement in 2022.  Trev understands football Xs and Os.   But it’s more than winning. It’s about the whole package that makes a well reflected and admired program, that’s competitive in the Big Ten and therefore nationally.  Scott has done good things and d so one unfortunate things too!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

Most of us had to google who Mike Riley was when he was announced as our coach.

He did fine recruiting.

Barely cracking the Top 25 in recruiting — and I’m pretty sure he only did that once — isn’t “fine” in my opinion. I’d like to see Top 15-20 classes as the norm, and with the right coaching staff in place I think it can be accomplished.

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Barely cracking the Top 25 in recruiting — and I’m pretty sure he only did that once — isn’t “fine” in my opinion. I’d like to see Top 15-20 classes as the norm, and with the right coaching staff in place I think it can be accomplished.

Yeah he was recruiting top 25 classes as Mike Riley - an old man nobody had ever heard of that didn't inspire confidence.

Your obsessive hard-on for recruiting is hilarious 

10 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Someone posted a Dan Patrick show saying Urban in talks with NU along with ASU.  I believe it to be BS but he said it.  Just throwing this out there put the tomatoes down along with anything else you think of throwing at me.

My gut says Fox is working behind the scenes to generate buzz for his return to their pregame show.

Everyone is tuning into either Fox or College Gameday for the first time this weekend and they're trying to win viewership.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Someone posted a Dan Patrick show saying Urban in talks with NU along with ASU.  I believe it to be BS but he said it.  Just throwing this out there put the tomatoes down along with anything else you think of throwing at me.

Not saying Alberts hasn’t started working on a short list in case things go off the rails. Hell he probably already did that last year for both major men’s sports. But very doubtful we’re in “talks” with anyone after the first game. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Farms said:

Not saying Alberts hasn’t started working on a short list in case things go off the rails. Hell he probably already did that last year for both major men’s sports. But very doubtful we’re in “talks” with anyone after the first game. 

Game one was enough for so many I'm not so sure.  As someone in a previous thread mentioned, even if Frost turns the team around and saves his job, gaining back support will be a very long road.  Knowing this, I wouldn't be surprised at all if NU moved forward with behind the scenes talks this week.  

34 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Question/Comment:  Would Urb be a net positive or net negative as NU's coach?    My comment is, that I think all opposing coaches would need to do is to flash Urb's pic wt that young lady rubbing next to him to a recruit's parents and the game is over at that point with that 5 star recruit.  Did Urb burn too many reputation points with his NFL meltdown experience and does he therefore bring far less value to the school than what we end up paying him for??

Pre-NFL Urb - agree - bring him here despite his 'sickness' :B)issues (BTW did they ever figure out what caused his sideline headaches which was shown on TV many time during his last year at OSU?).  I'm very hesitant with the post NFL Urb however.  

To me, I will be interested in see how Aranda does at Baylor this year.  He seems like he would be a good fit. However, he has a contract extension wt Baylor through 2029 so it probably won't happen.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34426714/why-baylor-dave-aranda-unlike-college-football-coach-know

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Question/Comment:  Would Urb be a net positive or net negative as NU's coach?    My comment is, that I think all opposing coaches would need to do is to flash Urb's pic wt that young lady rubbing next to him to a recruit's parents and the game is over at that point with that 5 star recruit.  Did Urb burn too many reputation points with his NFL meltdown experience and does he therefore bring far less value to the school than what we end up paying him for??

Pre-NFL Urb - agree - bring him here despite his 'sickness' :B)issues (BTW did they ever figure out what caused his sideline headaches which was shown on TV many time during his last year at OSU?).  I'm very hesitant with the post NFL Urb however.  

To me, I will be interested in see how Aranda does at Baylor this year.  He seems like he would be a good fit. However, he has a contract extension wt Baylor through 2029 so it probably won't happen.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34426714/why-baylor-dave-aranda-unlike-college-football-coach-know

I was just passing on the message so all could see but I also think the Midwest might be good for Urban.  As for the girl, wouldn't that potentially show players he knows what it's like when playing football and make him relatable even if it was a bad look?  Don't know, could go either way.  I don't really know what I would think if he came here personally but we need something to change the trajectory of this football team.

Take him. At this point, the program is in the gutter, and somehow has things to be excited about (NIL, Portal Success, top 30 classes, more money). You bring him in, baggage and all, and nobody is saying why? They're saying they both need each other. We would more than double our win total, have the number 1 portal class, and flip 5-10 top 150 players, and be immediately relevant. He singlehandedly changed the direction of the BIG, and I believe he would put Nebraska in a great spot when he leaves. And he gets new facilities to sell. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
36 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Take him. At this point, the program is in the gutter, and somehow has things to be excited about (NIL, Portal Success, top 30 classes, more money). You bring him in, baggage and all, and nobody is saying why? They're saying they both need each other. We would more than double our win total, have the number 1 portal class, and flip 5-10 top 150 players, and be immediately relevant. He singlehandedly changed the direction of the BIG, and I believe he would put Nebraska in a great spot when he leaves. And he gets new facilities to sell. 

Again, not remotely saying this would ever happen… But really it would be a no lose situation for Urban. He either flips the program around and not only cements himself as one of the best coaches of all time and we probably pay him as much as Saban to keep coaching. Or it’s a flop and he could walk away with some $40-50 million dollar buyout. 

1 minute ago, Farms said:

Again, not remotely saying this would ever happen… But really it would be a no lose situation for Urban. He either flips the program around and not only cements himself as one of the best coaches of all time and we probably pay him as much as Saban to keep coaching. Or it’s a flop and he could walk away with some $40-50 million dollar buyout. 

Nebraska just needs the right HC. Everything else is in place to win. Urban and Nebraska need each other.