Who should our next HC be?

We are Nebraska, we can out Wisconsin Wisconsin and out Iowa Iowa if we just dedicated ourselves to hard nosed, pound you in the face football.  I’m not asking for bringing back the option offense, but until we put our OL and DL on highest priority we aren’t going to win the B1G or even the west.  I just want a HC that understands that.  I thought Frost would get that, unfortunately it seems that was an incorrect assumption.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
14 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'ld ask Deon Sanders if he want's to coach up a level.  

Would sure be interesting and he’d be a strong pull in recruiting for which all I hear is how we are disadvantaged geographically. So Primetime can remove that excuse. I also think he wouldn’t put up with the lackluster defensive play. 

9 hours ago, SE 0F RD said:

We are Nebraska, we can out Wisconsin Wisconsin and out Iowa Iowa if we just dedicated ourselves to hard nosed, pound you in the face football.  I’m not asking for bringing back the option offense, but until we put our OL and DL on highest priority we aren’t going to win the B1G or even the west.  I just want a HC that understands that.  I thought Frost would get that, unfortunately it seems that was an incorrect assumption.

Year 5 and I still fail to see his merger of the "Husker Power" in any facet of this team or the players as a whole.

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Would sure be interesting and he’d be a strong pull in recruiting for which all I hear is how we are disadvantaged geographically. So Primetime can remove that excuse. I also think he wouldn’t put up with the lackluster defensive play. 

He's a great motivator and "gets it".  Surely wouldn't laugh at the idea of him coming here.

• Fire 2
On 8/31/2022 at 7:58 PM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Well, considering all the teams that have won the national championship during the BCS era have had multiple Top 15 classes including at least 1 in the Top 10 in the years leading up to their championships, and we've won zero championships of any kind during that period, yeah, I'd say it's slightly important.

As for Riley:

2015: #30

2016: #26

2017: #23

He wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in recruiting. 

Here is a good article ref blue chip players.  If we do not get them, in the modern era, we will not win....Frost and Co have done well in recruiting, but saw an article that shows how bad the classes actually were after adjustments for attrition and contribution.  Dismal.  We need to recruit, develop and keep the kids we can get to come here.

BCR Article:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Blue-Chip-ratio-2022-college-football-15-teams-who-can-win-the-national-championship--190039196/#190039196_8

NU and recruiting:

https://theathletic.com/3129850/2022/02/15/too-many-misses-nebraska-falters-in-another-recruiting-re-rank-again-finishing-at-bottom-of-the-power-5/

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, SE 0F RD said:

I want a DL that is out for blood, and a OL that is so confident they feel like they can tell the opponents DL what we are running, knowing we will push them around.  Everything else is secondary.

Slogans I'd like to hear more often:   Pancakes          Meet you at the QB

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, SE 0F RD said:

Actually we need to copy Wisconsin who COPIED NEBRASKA.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

He's a great motivator and "gets it".  Surely wouldn't laugh at the idea of him coming here.

People laugh. He’s a great motivator and makes a whole lot of sense with what he has to offer. He’s doing an awesome job there where he’s at and I enjoy listening to him. 

2 hours ago, lo country said:

Here is a good article ref blue chip players.  If we do not get them, in the modern era, we will not win....Frost and Co have done well in recruiting, but saw an article that shows how bad the classes actually were after adjustments for attrition and contribution.  Dismal.  We need to recruit, develop and keep the kids we can get to come here.

BCR Article:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Blue-Chip-ratio-2022-college-football-15-teams-who-can-win-the-national-championship--190039196/#190039196_8

NU and recruiting:

https://theathletic.com/3129850/2022/02/15/too-many-misses-nebraska-falters-in-another-recruiting-re-rank-again-finishing-at-bottom-of-the-power-5/

Too many people are like, "Well Wisconsin and Iowa don't recruit all that well and they still win" -- when was the last time either of them won a championship? 

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Too many people are like, "Well Wisconsin and Iowa don't recruit all that well and they still win" -- when was the last time either of them won a championship

From where we have been the last 5+ years, let's take some baby steps and win some games first.

Not trying to be a douche. 

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Too many people are like, "Well Wisconsin and Iowa don't recruit all that well and they still win" -- when was the last time either of them won a championship? 

We’re not going to win a championship either.  At least not for a long time.  Wisconsin and Iowa have consistently tough and disciplined teams that nobody looks forward to playing.  If tOSU has an off year, there’s no reason they couldn’t steal a B1G title.  At this point, I’d almost give my left one to get back to that level.