Who should our next HC be?

28 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

Braylon Edwards is going to hang 400 yards on us.  

1 minute ago, AlaSker said:

Braelon Allen

And I agree

Or are we talking about Troy Edwards? I wish there weren't so many ways this could be taken - still the only school to allow a 400 yard receiver and a 400 yard rusher. Might still be the only school to allow a 400 yard receiver period.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Point is, those teams may be competitive, but they're the exception. For the most part, recruiting matters.

Also, with the right coach, I don't think we're that far away from a championship. Question is whether or not we're willing to pay for the right coach.

Agree here. They are competitive because they are solid to very good/elite on the OL and in the front 7. This always gives them a chance against most teams, but the recruiting aspect keeps them from making that leap from just being competitive. If recruiting didn't matter, Iowa and especially Wisconsin would have won the conference by now, when neither OSU or Penn State were in some sort of trouble or with Michigan having an average coach. I feel the right coach will prioritize the OL and front 7 while maximizing recruiting the 500 mile radius or something similar for those types of players. Where I feel Nebraska can and will be different is attracting the skill players the aforementioned schools struggle to get, which could also stress an OSU or Michigan in a winner take all situation. Since being in the Big Ten, whether it was Pelini, Riley and now Frost, all have had issues recruiting, building/developing the OL and front 7 rooms. Hire a coach that will leave no stone unturned those places and those carrots the other current West teams have can no longer be dangled over our heads.

• Plus1 2

On 9/2/2022 at 11:49 AM, Treand3 said:

Agree here. They are competitive because they are solid to very good/elite on the OL and in the front 7. This always gives them a chance against most teams, but the recruiting aspect keeps them from making that leap from just being competitive. If recruiting didn't matter, Iowa and especially Wisconsin would have won the conference by now, when neither OSU or Penn State were in some sort of trouble or with Michigan having an average coach. I feel the right coach will prioritize the OL and front 7 while maximizing recruiting the 500 mile radius or something similar for those types of players. Where I feel Nebraska can and will be different is attracting the skill players the aforementioned schools struggle to get, which could also stress an OSU or Michigan in a winner take all situation. Since being in the Big Ten, whether it was Pelini, Riley and now Frost, all have had issues recruiting, building/developing the OL and front 7 rooms. Hire a coach that will leave no stone unturned those places and those carrots the other current West teams have can no longer be dangled over our heads.

WE are so far from having a Big 10 O -lline or D-line.  For that matters Power 5.  Right now, I don't know if we win a Big 10 game all year!

• Plus1 2

I will mention one thing that really shouldn't matter, but I think it does a little bit.  We do have a new O-line coach, and new OC on offense, and a new QB.  Things are looking like that at times.  We look out of sorts and lost.  Its the Defense that really has me concerned.  I can live with the offense having some moments of chaos.  Our defense should be reliable enough to allow our offense to have some growing pains.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

WE are so far from having a Big 10 O -lline or D-line.  For that matters Power 5.  Right now, I don't know if we win a Big 10 game all year!

38% chance we win one

26% chance we win two

11% chance we win three

Less than 1% chance we win four

0% chance we win five or more

I punched stats into our department's super computer to get those results.