Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

How different we are now. Urban Meyer is a s#!tshow of a human, but a great coach. 5 years ago he would have been the devil and no husker would want him, because we do it right here. Now? People are probably praying for him. And I am too. It’s a different world. We need to get back to being relevant. Stoops? If he were to take any other gig than Oklahoma, I think it would be Nebraska. Even Oklahoma fans would understand how much it would mean to bring this program back to being something. Who knows? My guess, we don’t end up with either one, probably some young upcoming coach.

Bob would of taken the OU job his not going to turn around and take the job at Nebraska it's a loyalty thing not a s#!tty job thing. 

• Plus1 2

I guess you have a list of home run hires.  Then a list of up and comers or proven guys at G5.  Guys with either a long history of winning or turning programs around.  Vet the hell out of their OC/DC.  B1G experience would be a plus.  I'd aim high and fire our shot.  nothing real earth shattering.

Not sure why so much against Urban? Sure he’s not perfect but they love him as a commentator and on set. It’s like he had a month of bad press now I see him on Fox yucking it up and treated as college football royalty. Saban is not a nice guy but he does the job. Watch us sit on our hands and Notre Dame will hire Urb.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Not sure why so much against Urban? Sure he’s not perfect but they love him as a commentator and on set. It’s like he had a month of bad press now I see him on Fox yucking it up and treated as college football royalty. Saban is not a nice guy but he does the job. Watch us sit on our hands and Notre Dame will hire Urb.

People forget that beyond Tebow there were a lot of bad, bad dudes on his Florida teams.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, chamrocck said:

We are a complete joke now.  Not one person would blame NU for hiring a guy like Urbs.  Do some PR ahead of time.  Believe in second chances.  Great opportunity for him.  Checks and balances in place.  He's aware of the oversight....whatever.  We need to swing for the fences sooner than later. We do not need to wait until after game 12 to get into a bidding war with teams.

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

Urban Meyer would be an even bigger embarrassing dumpster fire.

Look, I know Husker fans aren't the smartest, but Jesus: Unlike Florida and Ohio State, Nebraska won't be able to recruit their way out of whatever massive problems Urban Meyer leaves us with. 

There are 10 coaches that I can think of that would be better. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Be grossed out by Urban Meyer at first. Everyone will forget once he wins 9 games.

9-0? s#!t, as soon as a team like North Dakota rolls into town and we curbstomp them 62-3, like we should, everyone will forget. We have struggled in every game of frosts career, other than 2 or 3 games. 

1 minute ago, AZ_Husker said:

The Urban Meyer chatter is comical. That will NEVER happen. Fans need to let it go already.

Never say never. Same argument on Petersen years ago proved false. West is winnable, 12 teams make the playoff. Urb’s gotta be thinking that’s an easier road than the past. Money is big too by the way. Aim high or be ready for Riley 2.0.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1