Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I didn’t realize Matt Campbell was only 42 years old. He could be a guy I would be interested in. What I like about him is that he’s the head coach and let’s his assistants do their jobs. Plus, he seems to get a lot out of his players. 

I desperately wanted Campbell back before Frost. I knew the guy was a winner. But that ship has sailed. There is no reason for him to come here.

He already is cemented as Iowa State's greatest head coach. The only reason he would leave is to go to a team that could immediately contend for a national championship (OSU, Bama, Clemson, Georgia, not saying those places will have openings soon, just an example) or to the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Urban Meyer would be an even bigger embarrassing dumpster fire.

Look, I know Husker fans aren't the smartest, but Jesus: Unlike Florida and Ohio State, Nebraska won't be able to recruit their way out of whatever massive problems Urban Meyer leaves us with. 

There are 10 coaches that I can think of that would be better. 

He was also very successful at Utah and bowling green, neither is a hotbed of recruiting 

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Never say never. Same argument on Petersen years ago proved false. West is winnable, 12 teams make the playoff. Urb’s gotta be thinking that’s an easier road than the past. Money is big too by the way. Aim high or be ready for Riley 2.0.

You're talking like it's up to Urban to come here. Trev won't entertain the idea. It's not gonna happen. Sorry bud!

4 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

I desperately wanted Campbell back before Frost. I knew the guy was a winner. But that ship has sailed. There is no reason for him to come here.

He already is cemented as Iowa State's greatest head coach. The only reason he would leave is to go to a team that could immediately contend for a national championship (OSU, Bama, Clemson, Georgia, not saying those places will have openings soon, just an example) or to the NFL.

He could go to a Big Ten school at NU, and don’t be surprised if the Big Ten and SEC break apart from the rest of the conferences in less than a decade. 

4 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

He was also very successful at Utah and bowling green, neither is a hotbed of recruiting 

I don't think Meyer would have a problem winning. I just...I really don't want to deal with his s#!t. I fully get why others can look past it. I just don't want to deal with it, the wins wouldn't be as fun.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

The problem with this is it all feels so hollow. One of our own, a Nebraskan and a former Cornhusker himself, couldn’t get the job done, but not only couldn’t get the job done the team looked bad. It looked like it lacked heart and determination to not get embarrassed by opponents. 

This effort and team is what we saw under Riley, Frost was supposed to at least get these guys to play with pride and heart.

2 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

I don't think Meyer would have a problem winning. I just...I really don't want to deal with his s#!t. I fully get why others can look past it. I just don't want to deal with it, the wins wouldn't be as fun.

I agree. But at this point the program just needs to start going in the right direction, quickly. And, he is one of the only people that might be able to do it. He would probably only be here for a couple years, but, he could prob get us back to respectability in one year. And then the program can move on. At this point, no one has any respect for us anymore at all. No one cares about how faithful the fan base is, or the sell out streak, other than Nebraska fans. We are the bottom of the barrel.

A lot of names out there that would appear to be quality candidates.

What I'm hoping NU does not get is someone where NIL and Portal are recent changes to the back-end of the candidates coaching career.

I guess that means I'd prefer someone under the age of 50. (No, I don't mean Scott Frost.)

• Plus1 1