Who should our next HC be?

7 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

I don't think Meyer would have a problem winning. I just...I really don't want to deal with his s#!t. I fully get why others can look past it. I just don't want to deal with it, the wins wouldn't be as fun.

If Frost were winning, would you be having fun?

As far as I know, the main dig on Urban (besides kicking a kicker :lol:, I laugh because I really doubt he assaulted the guy like the kicker claimed) is getting a lap dance from a young woman at a party.  

Frost was out partying with co-eds too.  I'm 99.9% sure that stopping that activity was in the "private" part of his re-structured contract.  Because he seemed to become less active in that regard once the paperwork was signed.

9 hours ago, Go Furself said:

Please get Luke Fickell!

6 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's a laughing joke right?? You can't be serious :lol:

I am serious. Competitive coaches want to ascend to the top so the next step is a power five school. Plus, if you lose one game during the season at a non-power five school then you're out of the playoff. Take a shot at him; it will be worth the money.

• Haha 1

Got to go big. The conference is changing and now is the time to choose: Do we want to be a big boy program and compete with the best or just Bo Like average— win 9 games while being uncompetitive in the games that matter??  Yes 9 wins would be like heaven now but it is at our lowest point when we should dream our biggest dreams- and go out and make it come true. 

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Got to go big. The conference is changing and now is the time to choose: Do we want to be a big boy program and compete with the best or just Bo Like average— win 9 games while being uncompetitive in the games that matter??  Yes 9 wins would be like heaven now but it is at our lowest point when we should dream our biggest dreams- and go out and make it come true. 

If we don't want to be a big boy program then what was the point of upgrading and making state of the art facilities??? 

I hate to even type this, take it for what it is worth (where the hell is "Sock Puppet" when he is needed), but.....I had a booster tell me Trev is looking hard hard at Mike Locksley, from Maryland....of course, 8 hours later, another one told me Campbell/Meyer- I was thinking Meyer is in town this week with the OU game- what a great way for him to see our new $160M facility that casts a shadow over Memorial Stadium.  Some of the $$ people hate the idea of Meyer- ok- so what? The guy would sell a ton of "real" tickets- sell-out streak intact, we would be relevant again and where the heck do we get off thinking "Nebraska is too good to hire a guy with a few skeletons in the closet"?  Do we prefer they create those skeletons while her on our watch? I hear we need a good motivator- many of the names listed on this thread are those types of guys.  Either way-   The Frost experiment is coming to an end shortly.  The league has adjusted to his coaching rather rapidly.

It has been said many times here:  There are no moral victories. I will have to continue to explain to people why being "close enough" and "almost there" is a load of crap, especially after watching last night's debacle. 

• Plus1 4

Mark Stoops makes quite a bit making/selling his bourbon in KY. Not to mention, he has very little pressure to win there, because Kentucky has traditionally been pretty bad in football. Kentucky fans are happy with 7 wins a year. I don't see Bob coming, either. Taylor has bigger fish to fry right now, trying to win Super Bowls.  Of all the guys that I've seen mentioned, the least likely is Fickell; he's not leaving Ohio, period. That said, I agree that it doesn't hurt to ask. 

My list is as follows:

Urban Meyer

Matt Rhule

Bill O'Brien

Tom Herman

Matt Campbell

Troy Calhoun

Jamey Chadwell

Hugh Freeze (highly doubtful we'll even reach out to him)

Brett Bielema 

Kyle Whittingham

Chris Klieman

Dan Mullen

Kendall Briles

Mark Stoops

Bob Stoops

Ed Orgeron (I personally wouldn't want him as HC, but possibly DC for his recruiting ability)

16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

What we are finally seeing is that ALL games matter.

And Bo Pelini had a winning record.  And most of his losses were competitive games.  

Once Nebraska loses this sense of entitlement, things will get better.  This is a great place, desperate to support a successful team.  And sorry @TGHusker, not going bowling for 6 years and making a comment like "games that matter" is a sure-sign of entitlement...

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If we don't want to be a big boy program then what was the point of upgrading and making state of the art facilities??? 

Yep that is my point. Now we need a coach to match our investment. Trev probably knew last year that Frost was not at the same level as the facilities and the corresponding fan support. NIL, facilities, fan support, our tradition & the Big 10 conference  should make NU a desirable landing place for a high quality coach  

14 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

I hate to even type this, take it for what it is worth (where the hell is "Sock Puppet" when he is needed), but.....I had a booster tell me Trev is looking hard hard at Mike Locksley, from Maryland....of course, 8 hours later, another one told me Campbell/Meyer- I was thinking Meyer is in town this week with the OU game- what a great way for him to see our new $160M facility that casts a shadow over Memorial Stadium.  Some of the $$ people hate the idea of Meyer- ok- so what? The guy would sell a ton of "real" tickets- sell-out streak intact, we would be relevant again and where the heck do we get off thinking "Nebraska is too good to hire a guy with a few skeletons in the closet"?  Do we prefer they create those skeletons while her on our watch? Either way-   The Frost experiment is coming to an end shortly.  The league has adjusted to his coaching rather rapidly.

It has been said many times here:  There are no moral victories. I will have to continue to explain to people why being "close enough" and "almost there" is a load of crap, especially after watching last night's debacle. 

If it's Mike Locksley.... just shut this place down and let the volleyball players use that new facility.  That would be the biggest joke in the world. 

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What we are finally seeing is that ALL games matter.

And Bo Pelini had a winning record.  And most of his losses were competitive games.  

Once Nebraska loses this sense of entitlement, things will get better.  This is a great place, desperate to support a successful team.  And sorry @TGHusker, not going bowling for 6 years and making a comment like "games that matter" is a sure-sign of entitlement...

I didn’t mean it that way. We have proven that all games matter and we lost our right to entitlement many years ago. I think Colorado burst that bubble in 2001. What I meant is that we need a coach who can get us to championship games (conference) now and then not because we are entitled but because of the investment we all (univ, fans, state) have placed in the program 

17 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I think +90% of the fanbase would happily take a "Bo Like average." Hell, I think 99% of college football fans would take the nine wins a year at their programs so long as it was consistently nine or more. Nine wins a year often gets you to your conference title game fairly often. And if you are playing for your conference title regularly, it indicates that you're performing at or above the level of your peers. The "games that matter" mattered because we took care of business against the teams that had less advantage/talent/coaching. 

Expecting the dominance of the 80s & 90s is not reasonable for our program in this day and age. 

• Plus1 3