Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Would you say we were making progress with Bo or not? Three conference titles games in seven years (across two vastly different conferences). Add in the fact that his boss and his boss’ boss hated the guy and undercut him at every turn? I would say it was miraculous that the team kept winning during that time. 

In the end? No. The die was cast with him. Could get the team to 9 wins, but never more than 10; will consistently lose 4 games. And those losses would either be against teams that shouldve been wins or blowouts to the really good teams. Like many others, could/would not adjust his defensive scheme to the opponent. 

7 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

1. Mullen- Offensive guru and can win. Good SEC ties for recruiting.

2. Harsin- steady developer and will be looking for a new home.

3. Matt Campbell- steady developer but can't recruit. Could be Riley 2.0.

4. O'Brien- doesnt seem to be as competent as the others.

Urbs aint coming, Aranda is going to Auburn, and Fickell- I'm meh on him.

Please explain to me and the rest of Husker nation has to why you say Urban Meyer ain't coming. Please share if you know something we don't. If you feel that Urban wouldn't come here bc Nebraska isn't a big enough  winning program for him and stature then explain that. Im tired of people saying Urbs ain't coming how do you know????

• Plus1 1

Emotionally we want Frost fired today, but the most business sense here is to wait until October 1st. He has one more game to coach and that is Oklahoma, we all suffer through that game and come October 1st he is gone. It would make no sense to fire him today or tomorrow because we will save so much money if we wait a couple weeks. We aren't winning the Oklahoma game no matter who is coaching this year, it's still very early in the season to panic over recruiting class, which that entire landscape has changed with NIL and the transfer portal, so I don't think making swift moves to save a recruiting class is that high of a priority. 

But we kept him and restructured his contract to make his buyout lower in October. As a business sense it would be foolish to fire him weeks before that decrease in buyout. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

Im tired of people saying Urbs ain't coming how do you know????

Because after 20 years we all know that nobody real or good is coming here. Either our guys are not committed enough to bring them in or we don't offer enough upside to motivate power coaches to want to take on the challenge. One way or the other, the big brain coaches are not going to don the scarlet and cream, that we all feel in our poor, miserable souls.

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

But we kept him and restructured his contract to make his buyout lower in October. As a business sense it would be foolish to fire him weeks before that decrease in buyout. 

I'm sure he can go on administrative leave for a few weeks or something.

2 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Because after 20 years we all know that nobody real or good is coming here. Either our guys are not committed enough to bring them in or we don't offer enough upside to motivate power coaches to want to take on the challenge. One way or the other, the big brain coaches are not going to don the scarlet and cream, that we all feel in our poor, miserable souls.

Well, I am sure his quote of making his linemen throw up 20 times a practice could be cause to do such a thing, but I don't think the University wants to make this ending messy. Everyone can go their separate ways on good terms. He came back and tried to right the ship, it didn't work out, thanks for leaving the good thing he had going down at UCF to try, but it just didn't work. No need to sour the relationship between Frost and Nebraska.

4 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

In the end? No. The die was cast with him. Could get the team to 9 wins, but never more than 10; will consistently lose 4 games. And those losses would either be against teams that shouldve been wins or blowouts to the really good teams. Like many others, could/would not adjust his defensive scheme to the opponent. 

So three conference titles games between the Big 12 and Big Ten was not progress? 

Do you see any similarity to what you’re saying about Bo and what was said about Osborne? ‘Can win 9-10 games but can’t beat Oklahoma…. Then can win in the Midwest but can’t beat Florida Speed… then chokes in the big game for all the marbles.’ If you only focus on the faults, you ignore the quality of the good. Sustained success is far more impressive than occasional excellence. 

1 minute ago, Husker03 said:

There's the five day suspension he has yet for violations where he doesn't participate in coaching activities. 

3 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Bc we haven't been willing to spend. In this day and age spending money not only on high profile coaches but their assistant goes along way with team success. Nebraska really has been there worst enemy but TA knows this is a very critical time not only for now but for the livelihood of Nebraska football. Nebraska has the money to spend on Urban Meyer and his three national championships so go do that. Lets say Urban Meyer does come here can you imagine the buzz? 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

So three conference titles games between the Big 12 and Big Ten was not progress? 

Do you see any similarity to what you’re saying about Bo and what was said about Osborne? ‘Can win 9-10 games but can’t beat Oklahoma…. Then can win in the Midwest but can’t beat Florida Speed… then chokes in the big game for all the marbles.’ If you only focus on the faults, you ignore the quality of the good. Sustained success is far more impressive than occasional excellence. 

No. I know what I saw. And how Bo performed in his subsequent jobs only confirmed it. He had hit his ceiling.

• Plus1 3

Just now, Wistrom Disciple said:

Bo has not garnered sustained success anywhere in his career. He was trending down every year he was NU's head coach. It's easy to look back more fondly from our current cellar dweller position at those years, but he wasn't the answer for our program any more that Billy C was or Mike Riley. All of them took over the program and watched it slip under their watch, more and more. Of all the failed coaches, Frank was the only one I think would have been better to keep in the long run than to let go.  He may have been ok had we taken the recruiting aspect out of his hands and dedicated and entire department to supporting him in that regard. What a novel idea. As a program,  we do actually deserve better than we've gotten over the past 10+ years.  Not because we are pre-ordained to be good, but because we are committed and devoted to it. The coaching professionalism and quality need only match the program's dedication. It doesn't mean we are champions year in and year out, but it should equate to less complete embarrassment and folly. 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Please explain to me and the rest of Husker nation has to why you say Urban Meyer ain't coming. Please share if you know something we don't. If you feel that Urban wouldn't come here bc Nebraska isn't a big enough  winning program for him and stature then explain that. Im tired of people saying Urbs ain't coming how do you know????

Simple. Don't think his personality would vibe well with Alberts. Urbs is a head case to say the least, and I don't think Alberts is that desperate to want to win. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Simple. Don't think his personality would vibe well with Alberts. Urbs is a head case to say the least, and I don't think Alberts is that desperate to want to win. 

Understandable how you feel but three national championships speak for themselves no matter how you or me feel about it. Nebraska should be that desperate to win. Trev can't mess this up or he will be gone just like Frost.

Does anyone think the best way to handle this is to have a presser on Monday and annouce that the OU game will be Frost's last?  Get the interest early and make the transition smooth.  Maybe fire up or make the players crumble. Either way it is a good sign for the next coach to see who he should work on keeping and who to ask to leave