Who should our next HC be?

Right now Mickey is our next coach. Lets get behind him and maybe, just maybe he could be the next man.  Right now this football team needs the fan base to get behind Mickey.  We need, no matter what happens in November, this current team to rise above and play for the current head coach, which is Mickey.  Let the chips fall where they may, once the season is over.  Right now we have a head coach.  I think he might inspire this group to be better than what they have shown thus far.

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

To further that post.  MIckey is a great recruiter.  He has knowledge of this program.  He played for TO and watched this team get better.  He won't just be a headless horsemen doing what he wants like Frost did.  He is a student of the game.  He is not bigger than the program.  All things that Frost forgot, and or did not listen too.  My hope is that Mickey will reuinite former Huskers with current Huskers and build that relationship first.  I have been hearing that Frost wasn't a big fan of alumni and there input on this program.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
9 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Right now Mickey is our next coach. Lets get behind him and maybe, just maybe he could be the next man.  Right now this football team needs the fan base to get behind Mickey.  We need, no matter what happens in November, this current team to rise above and play for the current head coach, which is Mickey.  Let the chips fall where they may, once the season is over.  Right now we have a head coach.  I think he might inspire this group to be better than what they have shown thus far.

So if I understand your post, Mickey is our head coach and we should get behind him.

If I missed anything, please advise.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I do not know why people do not Bret Bielema. I really believe he will turn things around very quickly. I bet he has us playing for the big ten championship in first year. He understands big ten football and he knows defense. I am not saying he is my number 1 pick but he is definitely one of my top five.

I kinda agree with this.

Scott Frost was the "splash" hire. I don't think a "splash" hire is any more likely to succeed than a not-"splash" hire.

We need a coach that can develop players, and we really need some good recruiters on the staff. Mickey Joseph was pretty low on my board, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Updated with coordinators

Kyle Wittingham
Dave Doeren
Kalani Sitake
Luke Fickell
Pat Narduzzi

Bill O'Brien
Jeff Hafley

Dave Aranda 
Chris Petersen

Lance Leipold 
Jay Norvell
Hugh Freeze
Matt Cambell
Chris Klieman
Matt Entz
Jason Candle
Bret Bielema
Mark Stoops
Jamey Chadwell
Matt Rhule

Mickey Joseph 

Jeff Grimes

Kendal Briles

Jim Leonhard 

Charles Huff 

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Scott Frost was the "splash" hire. I don't think a "splash" hire is any more likely to succeed than a not-"splash" hire.

We need a coach that can develop players, and we really need some good recruiters on the staff. Mickey Joseph was pretty low on my board, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

I really like Mickey, but I don't want another head coach learning on the job.  Keep Mickey around as an Assistant coach and ace-recruiter.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Mickey Joseph can recruit, I'll give him that much. His players love him, and he can recruit Louisiana. That said, I'm just not sure if he's ready for such a big gig. Most people don't know that he was previously a head coach at Langston University, compiling a 13-7 overall record.

And Langston University is far away from being a head coach in the Big Ten.

• Plus1 2

How many pages is this thread going to be by November? 

I hate the term "splash hire".  Frost was a "splash hire". We need someone who can relate to players of today who are getting paychecks bigger than the fans. Somehow Frost in his stubbornness tried to push his 1990's culture on the team cause that's the era him and the fan base are still living in. How did that work out? It's interesting Whipple and Joseph don't seem to have an issue working with today's players. Today's players don't want to hear in the media they have to earn the right to play, or have it announced they were puking in practice. In a way that's just calling them out and soon you see them in the transfer portal.

I have no opinion on who we hire cause I have no say so in the matter, but the last 3 guys have not been fully developed coaches.  Bo said things were fixable, but were never fixed, so he just got mad instead. Riley smiled and said  "aww shucks" and Frost told us every week for 4 years this or that would improve. Well, we all got tired of waiting. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I really like Mickey, but I don't want another head coach learning on the job.  Keep Mickey around as an Assistant coach and ace-recruiter.

And Langston University is far away from being a head coach in the Big Ten.

I'm 100% in agreement. The one thing I hope is that whomever is hired retains him. Question is, will he be ok with being demoted back to coordinator? 

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

Maybe I am feeling scorned, but going back to a bowl consistently sounds nice.  And removing ourselves from potshots in the national media would be good.  

that said, I agree and acknowledge it's not the solution people are looking for.  Part of me knows it's not the solution I crave as well.

TBH, prior to going to hiring Frost in 2018, I really liked Campbell for HC at Nebraska.  Proven guy at Toldeo, year 2 did great at Iowa St compared to where they were in the past.  Based on the 3 years of Riley.  BUT I think we are so far removed from Mr .500 that we need a guy who can do more.  I think he would've been a great transition from Riley.  Don't think we'd have had anything less that what he's done at Iowa St, but 4 years of losing in the most amazing ways possible, 5-22 in 1 score games, not beating a team with a pulse just seems like safe would only get him fired TBH.  We need to swing for the fences.  I also think that the B1G, top to bottom, is a harder conference than the Big 12.