Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm intrigued to see what he can do. He's never been given much attention as a potential big-time head coach, but maybe he could get bring in his brother as DC, should he land the job? Doubtful, but hey.

We know Mickey's a person having integrity. He expects a lot of his players. He challenges them. 

I'm leaning toward someone with head coaching experience. As a general rule. Doesn't mean there aren't/wouldn't be exceptions. How solid of a staff can the assistant assemble? Perhaps not having a group of friends one's loyal to is a positive. Given a situation. And he has the essential skill set. 

Like players, the assistants are challenged. There are expectations and accountability. 

As for anyone, if you're interested let them decide. Nothing ventured, nothing discovered! It's critical that we assert ourselves and get this right. 

21 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

My posts are directly directed toward our fan base, not on Trev.  For the first time since Solich was fired, we might have an AD who CAN make the right hire for this program.  Also enroute in doing so, we might not get the sexy pick like some want and have wanted, that have not come here.  They were offered, they turned it down then and more than likely will do it again.  Finding that guy who could, would and can, thats the job for Trev.  But again, we finally have an AD with some knowledge of all aspects of this program, and the landscape of college football.

+100 on Trev knowing both Nebraska and College football.

26 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

This is why we got those who we got.  Its not because no one offered or tried.  Its frankly the fact that this job has super unrealistic goals and a fanbase who won't let go of the 80's and 90's.

I think super unrealistic goals doomed Frank Solich -- who inherited a national championship team -- and scared away the 2002 search. During Bo Pelini's 7 years, I think we expected to always contend in our division and win a conference title or two, not unlike at least five of our Big 10 peers. That expectation extended to Riley and then to Frost. I don't know why it wouldn't. Pretty sure it's still a goal to contend in our division, and I see no reason why it's unrealistic for us to be as good as Wisconsin, Iowa, Purdue, or Minnesota. I mean sweet Jesus, how humble should our expectations be? We're in the f#&%ing cellar with Rutgers. 

At the moment, our super realistic goal is to win six games and get to a bowl game, at which point our new coach will be the most popular man in the state. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Should we be judging coaches solely on their record?  

If he can only win just above .500 in the Big 12, then why should I believe he can do much better in the Big 10?

We're all entitled to our own opinion. I just hope the next coach can do better. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, M.A. said:

We know Mickey's a person having integrity. He expects a lot of his players. He challenges them. 

I'm leaning toward someone with head coaching experience. As a general rule. Doesn't mean there aren't/wouldn't be exceptions.

If Mickey somehow gets us to a bowl game, I think he should be given a shot. Risk big to win big.

It worked out pretty dang well for the last school that fired a coach midseason and hired their WR/AHC to be the interim coach, I think in large part due to starting off the bat with a great culture of care and accountability.

• Plus1 1

If Nebraska Gets Campbell as the Coach they need to throw lot's of Money at a Offensive Coordinator that's A+++ top shelf Campbell can handle the D with any D Coordinator. Something else that's going to become a huge Bonus with UCLA and USC is it's opening new recruiting grounds in Southern California Nebraska castrated it's Texas recruiting grounds like Mr Applewhite with the move to the Big-10.587bb09b6d1525b1.png

4 hours ago, ndobney said:

It’s most likely Matt Campbell. That’s a good get

i think even frost could have mustered up at least one 9 win season in 7 years in the big 12 if i'm being honest. the big 10 is a different animal. 

give me bielma or urban over cambell. they have won in the big10

and if mark stoops can win 10 in the SEC, then he could probably figure out the big10 as well

• Plus1 2