Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, BoSolich said:

i think even frost could have mustered up at least one 9 win season in 7 years in the big 12 if i'm being honest. the big 10 is a different animal. 

give me bielma or urban over cambell. they have won in the big10

I’ll give you 100 years Frost would never beat Iowa. He may never loose by more than 10 but he would never beat Iowa, and big ten or not winning with Iowa state is like winning a race when you have a bike going against a car. It’s the big ten sure so instead of bike vs a Lamborghini it’s a bike vs a ford

1 hour ago, CornymyCob said:

If Nebraska Gets Campbell as the Coach they need to throw lot's of Money at a Offensive Coordinator that's A+++ top shelf Campbell can handle the D with any D Coordinator. Something else that's going to become a huge Bonus with UCLA and USC is it's opening new recruiting grounds in Southern California Nebraska castrated it's Texas recruiting grounds like Mr Applewhite with the move to the Big-10.587bb09b6d1525b1.png

We can keep the coordinator we have my god we already did that last offseason. 3 games with Whipple and you are saying you want a top notch notch offensive coordinator. See this is why people make fun of us

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, ndobney said:

I’ll give you 100 years Frost would never beat Iowa. He may never loose by more than 10 but he would never beat Iowa, and big ten or not winning with Iowa state is like winning a race when you have a bike going against a car. It’s the big ten sure so instead of bike vs a Lamborghini it’s a bike vs a ford

playing iowa in early September is a lot different than playing them in late november though.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ndobney said:

We can keep the coordinator we have my god we already did that last offseason. 3 games with Whipple and you are saying you want a top notch notch offensive coordinator. See this is why people make fun of us

How often does a new hire keep people from the last staff? Rarely. Probably next to never for one of the coordinators. 

2 hours ago, ndobney said:

You don’t force the next coach to keep assistants (unless you’re Tom Osborne). You can let the new coach interview the current guys on the staff, but you have to let the new coach hire his staff. I don’t know why people can’t comprehend this. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

If Mickey somehow gets us to a bowl game, I think he should be given a shot. Risk big to win big.

It worked out pretty dang well for the last school that fired a coach midseason and hired their WR/AHC to be the interim coach, I think in large part due to starting off the bat with a great culture of care and accountability.

Yep.  Dabo turned out to be ok:D 

Just now, Red Five said:

Word on the street is that there was mutual interest last year between Nebraska and Campbell before the boosters/admin neutered Trev.

But why wouldn't there be?

The natural places for him to land (Ohio State and Penn State) aren't opening anytime soon, (well, Ohio State isn't)

His conference is imploding. Michigan State and Michigan aren't in the cards. That leaves Nebraska and Iowa. He's just playing process of elimination 

• Plus1 1