Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s the way I was looking at it too.  It’s prob why has three natty’s under his belt also. 

I am pulling for Mickey to get it done, but it's not the expectation at all.  Or even fair.  Just going to see how it plays out.

Urban would be a winner here, and obviously #1.  I don't see him getting the opportunity, unfortunately.  Especially frustrating, since many, many fans have said over the years  "just win, that's all I care about " ..... but now, as long as it's not with UM ?  Doesn't make sense.

Not a Campbell fan.  He can keep his lucky mojo at ISU.  I don't think we will achieve greatness with him.  Win some games?  Probably.  

Bill O'Brien sucks.  Some like him, there are reasons, I get it.  But I am not interested at all.

I hate to say it, but with this coaching search, I truly have no interest. Get whoever.  I Would love Lane Kiffin - it's not going to happen.  And for many Husker fan's dismay, we will not pull in a big-name coach here. 

It's like the ship has water leaks everywhere for 20 years, and the best captains are all thinking "I'm not getting on that boat, there is no way.  I already got money".

• Thanks 1
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

Better resources bro, Fiesta Bowl win, he just beat Iowa. Why wouldn't you like a coach that is 44-34? Better then SF any day:P

I've heard the "better resources" spiel before. Like I said, I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now. And no, I wouldn't want a coach that's 44-34. That record sucks. Have some high expectations, for God's sake. Some of you seem willing to accept anyone better than Frost... and that encompasses pretty much every coach in America.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, admo said:

I am pulling for Mickey to get it done, but it's not the expectation at all.  Or even fair.  Just going to see how it plays out.

Urban would be a winner here, and obviously #1.  I don't see him getting the opportunity, unfortunately.  Especially frustrating, since many, many fans have said over the years  "just win, that's all I care about " ..... but now, as long as it's not with UM ?  Doesn't make sense.

Not a Campbell fan.  He can keep his lucky mojo at ISU.  I don't think we will achieve greatness with him.  Win some games?  Probably.  

Bill O'Brien sucks.  Some like him, there are reasons, I get it.  But I am not interested at all.

I hate to say it, but with this coaching search, I truly have no interest. Get whoever.  I Would love Lane Kiffin - it's not going to happen.  And for many Husker fan's dismay, we will not pull in a big-name coach here. 

It's like the ship has water leaks everywhere for 20 years, and the best captains are all thinking "I'm not getting on that boat, there is no way.  I already got money".

People don't want a coach who is "too flashy" or who "has too much baggage" -- that's ridiculous. I couldn't care less how nice the guy is or how politically correct he is. We need a proven winner. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, admo said:

Yep

• Plus1 1

I hope we give Mickey a legit chance at the job. He seems like a new age coach with the transfer portal and NIL that could succeed. All he would have to do is surround himself with a good staff (something Frost didn't do). His brother coaches in the NFL so combine that with the checks we can write we could find a real good DC and either keep Whipple or find another good OC. Players also really like him and the coaches in Omaha said their kids would def play for him unlike past coaching assistants. 

Sometimes a chance is all someone needs. Mel Tucker coached 1 year at Colorado and went 5-7 and still got the Michigan St job. Maybe he had a fluke year last year but he showed me it can be done with the things I listed above. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Man some of you guys are weird. You made excuse after excuse for frost for 4+ years and kept telling fans how great he was and how close he was and how impressive 3-9 was. Now nebraska might be looking at coaches like Campbell and Doeren coaches that could coach circle around your golden boy and they're not good enough?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
19 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've heard the "better resources" spiel before. Like I said, I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now. And no, I wouldn't want a coach that's 44-34. That record sucks. Have some high expectations, for God's sake. Some of you seem willing to accept anyone better than Frost... and that encompasses pretty much every coach in America.

Sorry I was being sarcastic and not serious. I clearly understand where you come from bc Im the same way. People obviously want to settle.

Just now, LumberJackSker said:

Man some of you guys are weird. You made excuse after excuse for frost for 4+ years and kept telling fans how great he was and how close he was and how impressive 3-9 was. Now nebraska might be looking at coaches like Campbell and Doeren coaches that could coach circle around your golden boy and they're not good enough?

They hired Riley after Bo, and Riley was barely a .500 coach. 

Because he had the worst record of any Husker in 70+ years, are you going to go after mediocrity just because it's easy?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Now nebraska might be looking at coaches like Campbell and Doeren coaches that could coach circle around your golden boy and they're not good enough?

Correct -- they're not good enough. Saying they're better than Frost isn't saying much. And no, I never said any of the stuff you said. I've always had high expectations and I'll continue to have them. Campbell and Doeren aren't good enough, nor is Bill O' Brien. Do better.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Correct -- they're not good enough. Saying they're better than Frost isn't saying much. And no, I never said any of the stuff you said. I've always had high expectations and I'll continue to have them. Campbell and Doeren aren't good enough, nor is Bill O' Brien. Do better.

Do Better people ask? How so NEBRASKA loves mediocre. Is the standard not national championship for your team goal every year? If that is not your goal for the team to strive for then your wrong