Who should our next HC be?

41 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Man some of you guys are weird. You made excuse after excuse for frost for 4+ years and kept telling fans how great he was and how close he was and how impressive 3-9 was. Now nebraska might be looking at coaches like Campbell and Doeren coaches that could coach circle around your golden boy and they're not good enough?

There's a big contextual difference between trying to come to terms with the coach you have who isn't going anywhere and theorizing/hoping for a potential coach when you don't have one.

It's like dating. If you're with someone for years you know all their faults and excuse them, and might think it's the best person you can hope for, but if/when it ends and you're back on the market you're thinking about your dream girl that you're sure you have a chance with

11 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Scarlett Pimpernel why do Husker fans think its ok to strive to be average? Why do Huskers fans feel like elite or great coaches won't come here??? Please do open their eyes and share

2002: "As long as we compete for a national championship a couple of times a decade, I'm OK with it."

2007: "As long as we win the conference championship once every 5 years, I'm OK with it."

2012: "As long as we win our division and compete for the conference championship on a semi-regular basis, I'm OK with it."

2017: "As long as we win our division once in a while, I'm OK with it"

2022: "As long as we're on the level of Wisconsin and Iowa, I'm OK with it"

I've been saying it for years... over the past 20 years our standards have continued to lower and lower to the point now that some fans actually wanted to keep Frost, while others are ready to accept just about anyone as a replacement. Maintain high standards, stick to those standards, strive for those standards, and refuse to settle for less than those standards. Soon there will be 12 teams in the CFP. Our goal should be to make the playoff, period.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've been saying it for years... over the past 20 years our standards have continued to lower and lower to the point now that some fans actually wanted to keep Frost, while others are ready to accept just about anyone as a replacement. Maintain high standards, stick to those standards, strive for those standards, and refuse to settle for less than those standards. When you start lowering your standards is when things start going to s#!t.

What about the argument that Nebraska cant get a elite coach bc of who they are after 20 years?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

I’d take Suh right now over Dawson. I think Dawson has skated and not sure why. Chins has taken a lot of heat but the DL is not good. 

Yeah, sure...i'd take a chance on him for a position coach...but sure as sh*t not for head coach. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

What about the argument that Nebraska cant get a elite coach bc of who they are after 20 years?

Sorry Charlie, elite coaches are not going to take phone calls from Nebraska. By now most Husker fans should accept this.  The 3rd party  can make the phone calls, but no one wants to answer that call.  

Except, maybe, possibly Urban Meyer.  Which would be fantastic.  Except I do not think Trev thinks he represents "the Nebraska tradition and values"  :hmmph  And that to me is a major bummer.

Just be happy for that one day, when the Group of 5 coach gets hired by UNL, and everyone immediately says "Great hire!  He owned the games against Navy and Memphis!  He has a fullback"

It's not going to be Matt Campbell; I am sorry to inform you.  There are no better perks to leave Iowa for Huskerland - including "resources" and "we are Nebraska" statements.  He is just as happy across the border, winning some games, and soon-to-be in a NEW weakish conference than the NEW tougher B1G (adding USC & UCLA).  

Might be Lieopold.... maybe... where you can bolt from Kansas to Nebraska (with your G5 Buffalo experience).  Do you really want that pressure?  Extreme pressure to win 10, 11, 12...???

Otherwise, the options (phone calls accepted) will be from G5 head coaches looking to move into any P5 conference and hopefully make a name for themselves.   

Nebraska needs to take a real good look in the mirror, and see who they really are, and that they are no longer Tennessee, but worse. 

Hip Hip Heupel.  

"But we are Nebraska... We have Resources.."

I hear that a lot over the years... but what does that mean?  All proven coaches have money, and if they are doing okay and the University likes them, there is no desire to leave that for us.  That is just how I see it in this day and age.  10 years ago, a lot of coaches would probably be intrigued.  Today?? Nope. 

3 minutes ago, admo said:

Sorry Charlie, elite coaches are not going to take phone calls from Nebraska. By now most Husker fans should accept this.  The 3rd party  can make the phone calls, but no one wants to answer that call.  

Except, maybe, possibly Urban Meyer.  Which would be fantastic.  Except I do not think Trev thinks he represents "the Nebraska tradition and values"  :hmmph  And that to me is a major bummer.

Just be happy for that one day, when the Group of 5 coach gets hired by UNL, and everyone immediately says "Great hire!  He owned the games against Navy and Memphis!  He has a fullback"

It's not going to be Matt Campbell; I am sorry to inform you.  There are no better perks to leave Iowa for Huskerland - including "resources" and "we are Nebraska" statements.  He is just as happy across the border, winning some games, and soon-to-be in a NEW weakish conference than the NEW tougher B1G (adding USC & UCLA).  

Might be Lieopold.... maybe... where you can bolt from Kansas to Nebraska (with your G5 Buffalo experience).

Otherwise, the options (phone calls accepted) will be from G5 head coaches looking to move into any P5 conference and hopefully make a name for themselves.   

Nebraska needs to take a real good look in the mirror, and see who they really are, and that they are no longer Tennessee, but worse. 

Hip Hip Heupel.  

"But we are Nebraska... We have Resources.."

I hear that a lot over the years... but what does that mean?  All proven coaches have money, and if they are doing okay and the University likes them, there is no desire to leave that for us.  That is just how I see it in this day and age.  10 years ago, a lot of coaches would probably be intrigued.  Today?? Nope. 

I can understand where you are coming from but what needs to separate Nebraska from alot of other schools is striving to win championships and not just being good or ok. Someone will answer the call bc Trev has a way of representing Nebraska in a great way. Who knows what Trev is going to do but from hearing from Urban Meyer he truthfully has high admiration for Nebraska and their fans.

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

I think that Mark Stoops needs to be a top 3 candidate for sure. He would bring back that blue collar smash mouth mentality back that we so badly need.

What he’s done at Kentucky is damn impressive. Way more so than Campbell IMO. Plus he actually beats rated teams unlike Campbell. 

Campbell has beaten Oklahoma State (25), Oregon (25), Texas (20), Texas (19),Oklahoma (18), West Virginia (6) , TCU (4) and Oklahoma (3). 

What else do you want? 

• Plus1 2