Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Then you don't or haven't been following Nebraska football. We have elite money and we have a new 155 million dollar facility being built right now that will show recruits that we want the very best for them and that we are serious about winning here. Nebraska just hasn't choosing to go get great coaches in the past to compete with other programs and that's why we have sucked.

I'm well aware of the new facilities.

If you haven't been following Nebraska football, it ain't done being built quite yet.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

I'm well aware of the new facilities.

If you haven't been following Nebraska football, it ain't done being built quite yet.

No one said it was done you said we don't have elite money to pay coaches. Yes we do we can and should strive to pay a coach 10 million to win if that is what it takes get it done. In this day and age you pay for what you get.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Those are my questions too, but I haven’t seen many people answering them. 

When preparation meets opportunity one is proven "good enough".

I'm not convinced that there are only a very select few that can experience success here. They just have to be identified and installed!

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

We can show recruits that we are serious bc of the new facility being built. Not all college teams have that that is one of our strengths that can and will help us attract top recruits just need the right coach to lead them.

There are teams doing new facilities or renovations that match ours and exceed it.  Tennessee is doing a multi year project that is costing $340 million.  Texas Tech will start on their $160 million facility in November.  

There are teams that you wouldn’t think could do much like SMU but they are doing a $100 million facility upgrade.  

We are not anymore special when it comes to facilities then other bigtime programs. 

Here:https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/04/18/Portfolio/College-facilities.aspx

3 minutes ago, M.A. said:

When preparation meets opportunity one is proven "good enough".

I'm not convinced that there are only a very select few that can experience success here. They just have to be identified and installed!

I agree that there are probably multiple coaches who many fans consider “not good enough” who can come in and do very well. But, most guys end up as failures, that’s why coaching hires are so difficult. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t disagree but who are the realistic “elite” candidates?

You didn’t ask me but I will answer. Elite in my mind is a coach who has won more than 1 P5 conference championship which shows consistency. Can consistently recruit top 20 classes and some classes pop into the top 15 to top 10 every few years. Ideally has made a national championship game or playoff appearance. This is the kind of proven winner Nebraska should be pursuing and throwing stupid big ten money at to resume our rightful seat at the blue blood table. But it sounds like the standards of Nebraska have dropped so far we are going to go after guys who haven’t done it yet but we hope our resources will allow them to ascend to greatness here. I just think if we want to be thought of as a blue blood again we need to act like it. USC got tired of trying unproven people so they said f#&% it let’s go steal the coach we want 

• Fire 2

I know a lot of people want Urban Meyer because he’s a proven big time coach. Others have other coaches in mind. I’m a realist and I’m taking a realistic approach here.

If I had to wager, I’d be willing to put money that Matt Campbell ends up becoming our next head coach. Is he the sexiest name? No. BUT, he is a detail oriented, process oriented, fundamentals type of coach. High character. That’s exactly what Nebraska and Trev is looking for.

The resources we offer, and the talent we can get, I think he could very well consistently get us to 9 wins or more a year. Surround him with stellar assistants, and it could take off. His record at Toledo and ISU speaks for itself and he’s done more with less. If not us, somebody is going to hire that man soon.

• Plus1 2