Who should our next HC be?

12 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You didn’t ask me but I will answer. Elite in my mind is a coach who has won more than 1 P5 conference championship which shows consistency. Can consistently recruit top 20 classes and some classes pop into the top 15 to top 10 every few years. Ideally has made a national championship game or playoff appearance. This is the kind of proven winner Nebraska should be pursuing and throwing stupid big ten money at to resume our rightful seat at the blue blood table. But it sounds like the standards of Nebraska have dropped so far we are going to go after guys who haven’t done it yet but we hope our resources will allow them to ascend to greatness here. I just think if we want to be thought of as a blue blood again we need to act like it. USC got tired of trying unproven people so they said f#&% it let’s go steal the coach we want 

Ok. Thanks for laying all that out. Can you give me a name or two who would actually leave their current job for NU.

I understand USC just did that for Lincoln Riley, but Riley liked the idea of trading Norman, Oklahoma for LA. Plus, he was worried about having to compete in the SEC in a couple years.

Also, by your standards, Kirby Smart wouldn’t be good enough of a coach, as he only has one P5 conference championship. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ok. Thanks for laying all that out. Can you give me a name or two who would actually leave their current job for NU.

I understand USC just did that for Lincoln Riley, but Riley liked the idea of trading Norman, Oklahoma for LA. Plus, he was worried about having to compete in the SEC in a couple years. 

I can’t but I am not in Trevs position to put feelers out there and I don’t know what kinda $$ Trev is willing to pay. If there is a guy who fits that criteria and is a TO 2.0 like Trev wants for personality and character and he is making 7 or 8 million. Offer him 10 or 11. 11 mill and coach in big ten for historic rich program in Easy big ten west. Man I bet a lot of guys would do it 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Scarlett Pimpernel why do Husker fans think its ok to strive to be average? Why do Huskers fans feel like elite or great coaches won't come here??? Please do open their eyes and share

I was thinking that the Huskers should only strive to be average, but thank goodness there are real fans around here that can open our eyes.

15 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You didn’t ask me but I will answer. Elite in my mind is a coach who has won more than 1 P5 conference championship which shows consistency. Can consistently recruit top 20 classes and some classes pop into the top 15 to top 10 every few years. Ideally has made a national championship game or playoff appearance.

So Dabo, Saban, Smart, Jimbo, Day, or Riley?

30 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You didn’t ask me but I will answer. Elite in my mind is a coach who has won more than 1 P5 conference championship which shows consistency. Can consistently recruit top 20 classes and some classes pop into the top 15 to top 10 every few years. Ideally has made a national championship game or playoff appearance. This is the kind of proven winner Nebraska should be pursuing and throwing stupid big ten money at to resume our rightful seat at the blue blood table.

That certainly is an elite coach.

Who fits that bill that would come here? Lincoln Riley is making 10mil in beautiful southern california - would we have to pay him 20 million to get him to move to Lincoln Nebraska?

Kirby Smart makes 11 mil and has a well oiled machine. Dabo same, Saban same. Kelly and Fisher aren't in great spots but they also aren't in trouble yet and have MASSSSSSSIVE guarantees. Chris Petersen doesn't seem interested in coaching again, and even if he did seems even less interested in leaving the PNW. 

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

Honest questions:

Besides Urban Meyer who’s “good enough”?

Whats the requisite win % to be “good enough”?

My personal favorites are Meyer, Aranda, Herman, Stoops, Rhule, Whittingham, TODD Monken, Gundy…

The crazy thing is, I think we could land Meyer, but he won't be on our list, because he doesn't "represent Nebraska values." And that's sad. All of these guys have baggage. ALL of them. Some are just better at hiding it than others.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Michigan, Ohio state and penn state got solid coaches. USC coming to town soon. We better make some big moves or we fall further down the pecking order and stay there is all I’m saying. But hey let’s hire another guy who ain’t done it but we believe he could some day. It’s like our recruiting- get low rated players but tell ourselves he is under valued and we could see his potential. 15 years of that s#!t and here we are 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

My personal favorites are Meyer, Aranda, Herman, Stoops, Rhule, Whittingham, TODD Monken, Chadwell... 

The crazy thing is, I think we could land Meyer, but he won't be on our list, because he doesn't "represent Nebraska values." And that's sad. All of these guys have baggage. ALL of them. Some are just better at hiding it than others.

Exactly. Same s#!t all the coaches in the past did. They just didn’t have to battle twitter and cell phone cameras to capture it all