Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Jamey Chadwell allegedly contacted per Moglia....I'm trusting Trev is just reaching out to potential guys.  Wish that Joe wouldn't put it out there.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-Football-Coaching-Search-Jamey-Chadwell-Trev-Alberts-Coastal-Carolina-193286568/

Hell to the No on chadwell it’s a another “who?” Like mike Riley 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Jamey Chadwell allegedly contacted per Moglia....I'm trusting Trev is just reaching out to potential guys.  Wish that Joe wouldn't put it out there.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-Football-Coaching-Search-Jamey-Chadwell-Trev-Alberts-Coastal-Carolina-193286568/

This one is even more of a head scratcher.  Would be extremely dissaponting to end up with a G5 coach who has no experience or understanding of how to win Midwest football games.  

• Haha 1

Chadwell's resume:

2000–2003 East Tennessee State (QB/RB/TE)
2004–2008 Charleston Southern (OC/RC)
2009–2011 North Greenville
2012 Delta State
2013–2016 Charleston Southern
2017 Coastal Carolina
(OC/QB/interim HC)
2018 Coastal Carolina (AHC/OC/QB)
2019–present Coastal Carolina

Stick a fork in us, we'd be done.  Alberts going full Eichorst on us if he is serious about this.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

Sell me on Aranda.  I literally don't see it.  Educate me.

He has done a phenomenal job as a DC at every stop in his career.  Hawaii, Utah, Wisky, LSU, and HC at Baylor.  His schools were top 20 if not better in every defensive category.  Did a great job at Baylor winning the Big 12 in year two after 2-7 in 2020.  He did inherit a decent squad after Rhule left to Carolina Panthers.  

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

It's funny to show this after 3 teams in their division beat power 5 teams at home this week including 2 top 10 teams. 

• Plus1 1

I watch a lot of Coastal Carolina and know him from his time at Charleston Southern.  His offense is good.  Not gimmicky.  A lot of 20/21 personnel.  Runs some 2 back sets, motions to the slot, triple option off of RPO concepts.  Balanced attack with passing and running.  Problem would be to develop a D.  Dude is an innovator on the offensive side of the ball TBH.  BUT he is a lesser known guy....And I have seen an "offensive guru" not do well. Only difference, Jamey has been a HC at various spots for about 13 years vs 2.  Lastly, his O is like nothing in the B1G.

• Plus1 2

I like Chadwell, mainly because of that spread option that he runs. I think that Nebraska fans would love it. It would make Nebraska a desirable destination -- THE destination --- for recruits who run similar offenses in HS. However, not sure how he would handle "big time" football and/or where he'd get his assistants from... he comes across as a guy who would just bring his current assistants along for the ride rather than actually looking for top-notch assistants and I'm not sure about that. Hard to hire a guy without P5 experience/success.

Aranda is a top defensive mind, no-nonsense, and gets the most out of his players. I personally don't see him coming here, because he can pretty much pick and choose where he wants to go. 

• Plus1 2

I must be risk adverse.  And also been too snake-bitten by my own favorite program therefore wanting a safer play.  Obviously I am not not the one making the final decision, and for great reason.  I want to believe in the Arandas and Chadwells, but they seem a bit too Frosty.

For me it's Urban Meyer, or give us a Matt Campbell/PJ Fleck who can get 6-9 wins a season and alleviate the embarrasment.

Aranda is among a few of the names thrown out who I'd question if they'd be interested moreso than our AD being interested. You'd have to want this environment, and although Baylor is a better team right now, the expectations and just the whole vibe around CFB is much different in Lincoln.

And we've kind of seen the same song and dance with several coaches in a row now, wherein you really only have about two seasons of tolerance before the fish bowl all of a sudden can begin to feel a lot more confining. Frost probably got more leash than most non-Huskers would've received.

Now to argue against myself :lol: I don't know why in the hell you'd become a division college one football coach if you didn't want the fish bowl jobs. It's not like you can really "hide" as Baylor's head coach anymore than you can at Nebraska. Sure there are some expectational differences but at the end of the day you're still a leader in big boy college football. There's no real half-assing that.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I must be risk adverse.  And also been too snake-bitten by my own favorite program therefore wanting a safer play.  Obviously I am not not the one making the final decision, and for great reason.  I want to believe in the Arandas and Chadwells, but they seem a bit too Frosty.

For me it's Urban Meyer, or give us a Matt Campbell/PJ Fleck who can get 6-9 wins a season and alleviate the embarrasment.

Meyer should be far and away the #1 target. It's not close.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Meyer should be far and away the #1 target. It's not close.

I don't even like Meyer, probably because I am from Columbus and live in Buckeye hell, but I have thought it over every which way...and really Meyer is the only realistic shot we have at pulling in a guranteed game changer.  Every other trendy coach seems risky, which is why I lean on the ones who have done it for longer than the others like Campbell and Fleck.  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

I'm starting to see Jamey Chadwell's name thrown around a lot.  I'm not sure what to think,  but I'm not opposed to the idea. 

I saw this. Isn’t it weird that Moglia would offer up his own coach?  Is Moglia trying to get back to Nebraska?  Wasn’t he some sort of analyst.