Who should our next HC be?

Been pleading for Luke Fickell for over a year now.

Matt Campbell's specialty is O-line so he might be able to get the pipeline up and running again. He likes to run with the QB which does not win in the B1G or against playoff heavyweights so that is concerning. Campbell owns the best winning percentage in ISU history and in 2020 ISU finished ninth in both major polls, the highest final ranking in school history. Campbell is the first and only coach in Iowa State history to defeat every team in the league at least once at home and on the road during his Cyclone tenure and produced five of Iowa State’s six winning seasons in Big 12 Conference history (1996-present). The Cyclones have played as a ranked team a school-record 25 times since 2017. He has defeated 10 opponents ranked in the nation’s Top 25 since 2017, including four over top 10 opponents. He quickly turned around arguably one of the most difficult power five programs to turnaround and has led them to their most successful periods in the program's history. At 42 Campbell has both experience and many years ahead. From Trev's press conference it is obvious he is looking for a coach who selflessly serves the players and puts team above himself. Campbell's belief system is, "Grounded in building relationships and a player-driven atmosphere." His players often refer to him as a players’ coach. He seems like a guy Trev would like.

Urban Meyer does not seem like Trev's kind-of-guy.

• Plus1 2

Watching Chadwell's offense (thanks youtube!) I think IF he was hired he would be successful. I say that because a lot of NU's players would translate over. The QB's that Frost recruited could definitely run it as they are pretty athletic. The biggest question would be the OL, but I think that will be universal for who ever is hired. I do like that his OL is aggressive and appear to be asked to do a lot more down blocking, pulling, and trapping. When Frost would throw out the triple option looks they usually were positive plays if they were executed properly. I know that it was a wrinkle and not a staple of the offense but the more I watch, the more I'd be good with Chadwell getting the gig. Idk why, but I get the feeling it won't happen though

27 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Why do you all hate Matt Campbell?

56 minutes ago, Go Furself said:

Been pleading for Luke Fickell for over a year now.

Matt Campbell's specialty is O-line so he might be able to get the pipeline up and running again. He likes to run with the QB which does not win in the B1G or against playoff heavyweights so that is concerning. Campbell owns the best winning percentage in ISU history and in 2020 ISU finished ninth in both major polls, the highest final ranking in school history. Campbell is the first and only coach in Iowa State history to defeat every team in the league at least once at home and on the road during his Cyclone tenure and produced five of Iowa State’s six winning seasons in Big 12 Conference history (1996-present). The Cyclones have played as a ranked team a school-record 25 times since 2017. He has defeated 10 opponents ranked in the nation’s Top 25 since 2017, including four over top 10 opponents. He quickly turned around arguably one of the most difficult power five programs to turnaround and has led them to their most successful periods in the program's history. At 42 Campbell has both experience and many years ahead. From Trev's press conference it is obvious he is looking for a coach who selflessly serves the players and puts team above himself. Campbell's belief system is, "Grounded in building relationships and a player-driven atmosphere." His players often refer to him as a players’ coach. He seems like a guy Trev would like.

Urban Meyer does not seem like Trev's kind-of-guy.

I'm fine with Fickell or Campbell.

I keep seeing Mark Stoops name come up and while I agree he's done a great job at UK he is also a close friend of Pelini going back to their school days in Youngstown.

Bo was none too happy with NU or the fans when he was fired. Have to believe he has been or would be in Stoops ear on this and doubt he has a lot of positive comments toward his time at NU.

A lot has changed with the athletic dept. since those days but still if your good friend warns about the awful experience he had it would have to get Stoops attention.

Don't know if Stoops is even interested in moving but I have to believe the chances of him coming here would be slim.

• Plus1 1

We have a interim head coach right now. This topic needs to be put on the back burner until after the season. A change in culture will make a big difference. Frost was checked out. We have the talent. When players can relate to a coach, big difference. i will reserve judgement until I se what MJ can do. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
29 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I got a question let's just say Urban Meyer does get hired.  Do you think that their would be alot of blow back bc of his checkered past and if so from whom Husker fans or outsiders? Also do you think that parents wouldn't want to send their kids here bc of him? I've heard that argument against him so that's why i ask.

Maybe if Urb showed some real remorse over the past and real gratitude for the new opportunity it would be less of a problem. Also winning solves a lot of “sin”. Winning will put the issues in the rear view mirror- recruits and their parents normally want to be apart of a winning program. So it may be a short term problem but not long term IMHO. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

We have a interim head coach right now. This topic needs to be put on the back burner until after the season. A change in culture will make a big difference. Frost was checked out. We have the talent. When players can relate to a coach, big difference. i will reserve judgement until I se what MJ can do. 

We’ll MJ has his audition right now but nothing is guaranteed. It would be a great story if MJ turned this disaster around.  But in the meantime the search and our discussion goes on. We can still support MJ while discussing alternatives in case the season doesn’t pan out. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I got a question let's just say Urban Meyer does get hired.  Do you think that their would be alot of blow back bc of his checkered past and if so from whom Husker fans or outsiders? Also do you think that parents wouldn't want to send their kids here bc of him? I've heard that argument against him so that's why i ask.

Blow back would subside once he starts winning and bringing in 5 star players. 

Parents would not care once their kids get paid

1 minute ago, gorp512 said:

Blow back would subside once he starts winning and bringing in 5 star players. 

Parents would not care once their kids get paid

That's my thinking as well but alot of people I've talked to say he is a terrible human being and he has no place in coaching for his past actions also alot of people think the game as past him buy which I don't.

2 hours ago, Go Furself said:

I'm fine with Fickell or Campbell.

If there's one guy, other than Nick Saban, who I know for certain is not coming here, it's Luke Fickell. Might as well get that thought out of your mind now and save yourself the disappointment later.

3 hours ago, gorp512 said:

Why do you all hate Matt Campbell? 

I don't think anyone hates him. He's a good, not great, coach and he's a safe hire. I think many just feel that we can do better. 

• Plus1 1