Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, lo country said:

He also mentioned Mark Stoops as 2nd choice and Chris Peterson as 3rd. Throw the money at them and one will have to consider it strongly. Go big wt $$s or go home. We have to think like this is a pro team anymore—the old days of college niceties and tradition are gone

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

He also mentioned Mark Stoops as 2nd choice and Chris Peterson as 3rd. Throw the money at them and one will have to consider it strongly. Go big wt $$s or go home. We have to think like this is a pro team anymore—the old days of college niceties and tradition are gone

I liked woh he had listed as his top 3 as well.  Agree with treating this like the NFL.  It is now...

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Matt Campbell won't talk to any other school until after their regular season.

Isn't that always part of how this game is played, though? Campbell (and any other active coach) may not be talking to any schools, but I'm sure he has agents and other reps engaged in discussions behind the scenes, passing along pertinent information. 

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yup.  Just like how Lincoln Riley didn't talk to USC until after his season was over as 

20 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Isn't that always part of how this game is played, though? Campbell (and any other active coach) may not be talking to any schools, but I'm sure he has agents and other reps engaged in discussions behind the scenes, passing along pertinent information. 

Well in this case it’s a little different. Campbell doesn’t have an agent. 

10 hours ago, lo country said:

I liked woh he had listed as his top 3 as well.  Agree with treating this like the NFL.  It is now...

Two points here:

1. It's unlikely that the wild-west-ness of NIL and athlete compensation remains that way. Sure, the NCAA is feckless and understaffed but there's going to be an FBS/FCS split by 2026. When Gene Smith talks, listen. That will bring rules into play that would reduce the NFL-ness of college football by standardizing things. 8-million NIL deals are going away by the time the market corrects.

2. Sean Payton is done. There's a ton of really nasty stuff about the Saints org that the NFL buried that has to do with the New Orleans Catholic Church. He wasn't involved but he's the face of their ownership and would see his name dragged if that ever came back up. If he's a hot name in the media again I'd expect it comes up and he's probably fine drinking corona on the beach instead of giving that a chance to hurt his shot at the HOF. Bountygate was his third strike so to speak.

20 hours ago, C-4 said:

1. Enjoy your NFL-paid-for SB.

2. He’s been the Rams OC for one game and they looked disastrous.

I'll bite as this take is awful. "NFL-paid-for" Super Bowl? You do realize that there is a thing called the salary cap in the NFL right? Maybe the Rams front office is just better than most? Rams won the Super Bowl because GB couldn't win at home against the 49ers. The Rams won the Super Bowl because the Chiefs choked at home and the Bills choked against the Chiefs. Who is your team? I will tell you why your team didn't while using the same salary cap. lol 

2.) Come back to me at the end of the season. Not one starter played pre-season. Also, if you actually pay attention watch the Kentucky vs Iowa game. 

Wandale Robinson two seasons at Nebraska: 91/914/3

Wandale Robinson ONE season at Kentucky: 104/1334/7