Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Rumor that Trev is in NC talking to Ruhe

That doesn’t make any sense. This is essentially homecoming weekend and there are going to be Fox execs in town on top of boosters/alums/corporate sponsors. 

He’s got a confirmed meeting with urban this weekend, so why piss the guy off by talking to another candidate the only time you’ll host him this year?

Also, it’s not like we’re competing for the guys services. There’s no need for cloak and dagger. If you really want to talk to the guy, fly out during the week. 

2 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

That doesn’t make any sense. This is essentially homecoming weekend and there are going to be Fox execs in town on top of boosters/alums/corporate sponsors. 

He’s got a confirmed meeting with urban this weekend, so why piss the guy off by talking to another candidate the only time you’ll host him this year?

Also, it’s not like we’re competing for the guys services. There’s no need for cloak and dagger. If you really want to talk to the guy, fly out during the week. 

No clue...there was a flight tracker posted.

Why is it fair to compare Campbell at ISU to Riley at Oregon State, but not fair to compare him to Saban at Michigan State or Miles at Oklahoma State, or other coaches who maximized what was possible at a resource-poor school and then went on to greater success in their new gig at a place with more?

• Plus1 3
34 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Maybe it's like he said in the presser, that he knows people and will be consulting with some for advice...Other coaches have got to know he is going to be talking to other coaches.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Does he really? I haven't seen that posted anywhere :dunno

I think it's in the rumorville thread.  A screen grab of Sipp saying he's heard from multiple reliable sources that TA and Urb will be meeting about the opening this week/weekend.

3 hours ago, admo said:

Campbell, Chadwell, Fickell, Leipold....   

What if they all say "Thank you, I'm kind of interested, but no thank you"

What if the following coaches get contacted, and each one says "I appreciate Nebraska, it is amazing, but no thanks"....

From:  Kiffin, Urban Meyer, Heupel, Whittingham, Aranda, Shaw, Gundy, Leach, and Monken.

It's like Husker fans that love to say "but we have resources and facilities and NIL" -  as if no one else does.  And then they say, "But we are Nebraska..."

I am sorry... but the Huskers won't be getting their top 2 or 3 choices... or top 10-15.  

Without Mickey coming to the rescue, we are going to be screwed again.  

It might as well be the Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy (nice!) getting his 1st time gig as head coach (uggghhhh, here we go again).

But that will because everybody else said "nope" to Nebraska.

20A5577B-FD7E-492E-9C0D-039372CDC0CC.gif

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1