Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know just don't understand how or why if your looking for the best possible candidate your not asking yourself could he lead us to a national championship??

That's the thing -- they're not. The expectations for so many have lowered over the past 20 years to the point that they'll be happy with 7/8 win seasons and competing for the West. Campbell does not give us an edge over any other team in the West in any way - not for his coaching ability, not for his recruiting ability, not for his ability to "form a foundation and culture."

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's the thing -- they're not. The expectations for so many have lowered over the past 20 years to the point that they'll be happy with 7/8 win seasons and competing for the West. Campbell does not give us an edge over any other team in the West in any way - not for his coaching ability, not for his recruiting ability, not for his ability to "form a foundation and culture."

Exactly you hit it right on and bc we have lowered our standards we have gotten below average coaches and their staffs and results. We always hope they are going to get over the hump instead of getting a coach that will and has proven they can get over the hump. For all the people that want Matt Campbell or any other coach in or around the bordering states tell me how he is going to led us to a championship? I will gladly listen. I don't want to hear that he is going to make us better. Better shouldn't never be the set standard. 

30 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

If Urb wants to come, then he should come.

i don't think the casual fans will be happy with anyone else at this point. i really think the sellout streak ends if anyone besides urban meyer is hired.

i simply don't see the casual fan showing up to a non-con game against north dakota if someone like matt cambell is hired.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

i don't think the casual fans will be happy with anyone else at this point. i really think the sellout streak ends if anyone besides urban meyer is hired.

i simply don't see the casual fan showing up to a non-con game against north dakota if someone like matt cambell is hired.

Why would the sellout streak even make it to October?

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Honestly, seeing this team today. It doesn't matter who the coach is next year. This team isn't going anywhere positive anywhere soon. You couldn't gut it fast enough.

Agree.  For all those who complained about Riley running down the program, Frost has done far worse and managed to get into his 5th season doing so.  

• Plus1 1