Who should our next HC be?

17 minutes ago, jaws said:

I don’t think urban is the answer but at this point you have to try to get him. It wouldn’t be a long term solution.  Just wonder if he could lead Nebraska to a championship before he fizzles out. 

some of you guys really underestimate how hard it is to win a championship. It takes a decade to even put your team in position

• Plus1 1
Just now, gorp512 said:

We aren't this bad, but we still aren't good. 

They were smoked by Georgia Southern, their coach was fired, one of the ADs is on the radio telling people they suck, a literal circus comes to town, and here comes the #6 team in the country. 

Where in all of this are conditions conducive to even competing today, let alone winning? 

You left out the part that on top of all this, this groups sucks at football too.  Unless that part is implied.

1 minute ago, gorp512 said:

We aren't this bad, but we still aren't good. 

They were smoked by Georgia Southern, their coach was fired, one of the ADs is on the radio telling people they suck, a literal circus comes to town, and here comes the #6 team in the country. 

Where in all of this are conditions conducive to even competing today, let alone winning? 

it's a historic rivalry. we almost beat them last year on the road. that was the reason for thinking we could compete.

17 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't want Urban Meyer. I know he's the latest fad on the message boards, but I doubt he'd bring much to Nebraska.

I don't want him either but there are seriously no other options out there unless we want to risk another 4-5 years only to end up with our wands in our hands again. 

We need players, lots of them. The kind and quality we need are ONLY coming here if we can convince them our coach will put them in the NFL.  The only coach that can do that at this time is Urban.  

We need to sell tickets. The only coach that immediately sells tickets at this point is Urban.

We need respect. The only coach that brings immediate program respect in his suitcase is Urban. 

We need expertise at the HC position. Like, Big10, high level program, title contending expertise. Who brings that? You guessed it.. Urban

We need a system gutting. You know who wouldn't think twice of gutting the mess at north stadium?  Urban

We need real S and C... Urban knows S and C

Now.. If I am Urban. I laugh at your face when you ask if I'm interested. But. He's our guy if we don't want to feel this pain for the next decade.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

We got some real crybabies in here. Baylor, BYU, Utah and Arkansas are all ranked right now and have been for the past few years. Kentucky is top 10. We without a doubt have more money for a coach and more NIL money than all of those by a good margin and yall think we cant get back to competing. That takes some real delusional bury your head in the sand type thinking. 

• Plus1 3