Who should our next HC be?

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's the thing -- they're not. The expectations for so many have lowered over the past 20 years to the point that they'll be happy with 7/8 win seasons and competing for the West. Campbell does not give us an edge over any other team in the West in any way - not for his coaching ability, not for his recruiting ability, not for his ability to "form a foundation and culture."

The problem with that viewpoint is it is short sighted. Because they say that now. Then once we get consistent 8-4 seasons and win west few times. It won’t be enough we will want 10-11 wins and big ten titles. Point us we say that now cause we are at our low point but expectations will never stay at 8 wins is good enough 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

This Hire Urban quest that Scarlet Pimpernel is on sounds just like Hire Frost to me. I don't want any more message board campaigns. I doubt Alberts will be influenced by that anyway.

If you can name someone better - another coach who can attract top recruits to Lincoln - please, by all means, tell us.  

And I hate to break it to ya, but there are plenty more fans who want Meyer besides just me, especially after today.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

42 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

This Hire Urban quest that Scarlet Pimpernel is on sounds just like Hire Frost to me. I don't want any more message board campaigns. I doubt Alberts will be influenced by that anyway.

Trying to equate Frost and Meyer is laughable.

Pretty much every Husker fan loved the Frost hire at the end of 2017.  AND…Anyone with a brain would have kicked Frost to the curb for Meyer…

• Thanks 3
7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

yea. the message boards are so stupid for wanting a 3x national championship coach.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If you can name someone better - another coach who can attract top recruits to Lincoln - please, by all means, tell us.  

And I hate to break it to ya, but there are plenty more fans who want Meyer besides just me, especially after today.

Yeah, I heard them all cheering for him at the pregame. That was creepy. I actually think he's a good coach when he's in the middle of a recruiting hotbed like Ohio. Good luck with that.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1