Who should our next HC be?

I remember when Solich was fired, Meyer had just finished his first year at Utah after just two at Bowling Green.  He was obviously a rising star, but he didn't become the 'it' coaching prospect until the following year when the Utes went undefeated.  Still, his name came up once in a while, but I don't think Pedersen went after him at all.  Everyone was thinking more established, name coaches back then.  May have really missed out.

He's not coming now.   Niether is Fickel. 

1 minute ago, skeener said:

I remember when Solich was fired, Meyer had just finished his first year at Utah after just two at Bowling Green.  He was obviously a rising star, but he didn't become the 'it' coaching prospect until the following year when the Utes went undefeated.  Still, his name came up once in a while, but I don't think Pedersen went after him at all.  Everyone was thinking more established, name coaches back then.  May have really missed out.

He's not coming now.   Niether is Fickel. 

Agreed I really think it’s going to be Matt Campbell all arrows seem to be pointing to him. It’s him vs the field right now

2 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Even after each of those guys audibly laughs at your request for an interview?

Well Urban was "interviewed" today and we know he only gave 1 of 2 answers

"No, I am just not looking to coach"

or

"I might be interested, how about we talk about it more later"

So there is a 50/50 chance that he is at the very lest "interested". He say 90k fans there today for a s#!t team...that is impressive.

Lance will get a look.

The WSU guy...no idea at all.

Lane...no chance.

57 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

LOL, fair point. But, I doubt either of us really know whether hookers are off limits. My point is I don't think he achieves success here. 8, 10, 13...I think if he takes the job, he does it solely for the money (buyout) and mails in the rest. He's a jacka$$. I work because I get paid a salary, sure. But my effort reflects completely on my employer and my reputation is all I have to attract new business. I just don't believe he has the character to be invested. I believe he negotiates a golden parachute and works harder to jump out of the plane. Like Frost. He had to know that he was in WAY over his head. But he got the last laugh

He is currently being paid big bucks to watch football and talk about it on TV.  If he's looking for "cush", he's already got it.  

I believe, if he actually came to Lincoln, it should be reassuring to fans that he has something to prove.  His ego is WAY to big to be happy losing...