Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, Go Furself said:

I want Luke Fickell. Take away his first season at Cincinnati and he is 46-8. Fickell will toughen the program up. He is a blue-collar, no nonsense guy and by far the best fit for Nebraska. In 2021 Fickell collected eight national coach of the year honors, including the The Home Depot National Coach of the Year, Paul "Bear" Bryant Coach of the Year, the Stallings Award, the Eddie Robinson Award and the Dodd Trophy as well as accolades from the AFCA, Walter Camp Foundation and Sporting News. Fickell has watched 16 Bearcats earn a selection in the NFL Draft, including a school-record nine draft picks in 2022.

I do not want Urban. Again, during the pregame Trev preached he is looking for a coach to lead by serving the players. Don't see Trev hiring a guy caught drunk and snatch grabbing in a bar not too long ago because he was about to get fired to lead.

You don't like snatch??  :dunno

But you like Fickell....  Ok.

25 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Agreed I really think it’s going to be Matt Campbell all arrows seem to be pointing to him. It’s him vs the field right now

I heard from a former ISU receiver today that graduated from there that he's heard Campbell isn't interested in the job at all. Of course he could be BSing me I'm just passing on what I heard. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Do you think im wrong? Do you think that a borderline coach will bring enough buzz to the program to make the people excited for change. I don't.

I'm with you.  I'm not interested in watching a team "rebuild" for 4-5 more years.  I'll do my chores on Saturday's so I can have Sunday for NFL instead.  At least until the new coach "hopefully" starts winning.

1 hour ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I heard from a former ISU receiver today that graduated from there that he's heard Campbell isn't interested in the job at all. Of course he could be BSing me I'm just passing on what I heard. 

Exactly.

You are a coach in the Big 12, doing ok, and you learn OU and Texas are leaving the conference.  Being replaced with Houston, BYU, Cincinnati...  Your odds to win the conference goes up.

You also hear that the Big Ten is ADDING Lincoln Riley's USC, and UCLA... Possibly Oregon and Washington.  Odds to win conference goes down.

And...  there is nothing to gain by leaving Iowa State and going across the border to Nebraska.  It will feel like the same.  Except you win at Iowa State.

/Matt Campbell to Nebraska discussion

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Do you think im wrong? Do you think that a borderline coach will bring enough buzz to the program to make the people excited for change. I don't.

What I think is that it’s late in the day and folks are being drunk and dramatic. I’ve had a few beers in my time and I understand that superlatives flow with the liquor. Phrases that end with words like ‘never again’ are fun to say. The truth is that if these past few years have taught us anything is that we can’t predict the future. So basically, I’m just saying respectfully that you do not know s#!t about f#&%, my man. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, BIGREDIOWAN said:

What's that even mean? Why are people so damn vague in these situations?! It's like they're smuggling the nuclear codes in their a$$ at times! :facepalm::dunno

Luke Fickell

Tom Herman

Mike Vrabel

Zach Smith

Ryan Day

Dan Mullen

Steve Addazio

Dan McCarney

Charlie Strong

Kyle Wittingham

Gary Anderson

• Plus1 1

I am going to say this and most Nebraska fans wont like it. Nebraska can’t have another rebuild. They can’t wait 4-5 years. Almost everyone on that list will take that amount of time. No big names are coming that coach right now. They are in better situations. Nebraska needs Urban Meyer. Urban Meyer needs Nebraska. You think his last stint was the disaster at Jacksonville? Saban bailed on the NFL and went to a prestigious college.. No Meyer won’t last at Nebraska like Saban did at Alabama because Meyer wants one more job for MAYBE 5 years… But he can leave Nebraska in a lot better position then right now. Meyer wins the West in 2 years minimum. We have coaches that can recruit. Nebraska would have an offensive and defensive line. Nobody can deny it. Offer him 3 years/36 million. I guarantee Nebraska is better off then now… Ohio State, Florida, and Utah… all better off now and first season he left then what Nebraska is now. We aren’t in the 90’s people. Nebraska isn’t Nebraska. One more awful hire and we will be K-State forever.. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

What I think is that it’s late in the day and folks are being drunk and dramatic. I’ve had a few beers in my time and I understand that superlatives flow with the liquor. Phrases that end with words like ‘never again’ are fun to say. The truth is that if these past few years have taught us anything is that we can’t predict the future. So basically, I’m just saying respectfully that you do not know s#!t about f#&%, my man. 

Im not drunk im saying that if you hire the Kansas coach or even Matt Campbell they can he have good seasons but Nebraska will never achieve greatness from them. They don't produce enough buzz to generate kids to gravitate high profile kids to come from all over the country to even think about Nebraska. You think people will want to spend their money on a project average coach I don't think so. 

24 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I talked to a former ISU DB last weekend and he told me that Campbell had all but agreed to become our HC last year if we had fired Frost.  And he said that the ISU administration is preparing to be lose him because they know they can't complete with an offer from us.

So who knows what the hell is going on...

• Fire 2
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Im not drunk im saying that if you hire the Kansas coach or even Matt Campbell they can he have good seasons but Nebraska will never achieve greatness from them. They don't produce enough buzz to generate kids to gravitate high profile kids to come from all over the country to even think about Nebraska. You think people will want to spend their money on a project average coach I don't think so. 

People spent their money watching a below average project coach the past 5 seasons. 

13 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

What's that even mean? Why are people so damn vague in these situations?! It's like they're smuggling the nuclear codes in their a$$ at times! :facepalm::dunno

Nothing vague about it.  UM isn’t interested but gave some opinions on who he thought would be a good hire. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

He is currently being paid big bucks to watch football and talk about it on TV.  If he's looking for "cush", he's already got it.  

I believe, if he actually came to Lincoln, it should be reassuring to fans that he has something to prove.  His ego is WAY to big to be happy losing...

Meyer only comes here if he is stupid. This would be by far the biggest challenge of his career. Very good chance he doesn’t get it turned around and ends up losing profusely. Then he loses cachet as a talking head. Unfortunately it’s going to have to be somebody that really needs and wants the big bucks and it’ll be a complete crap shoot if they work out. Unless something changes drastically in our favor in the CFB world, we are already where we’re gonna be. It’s over.