Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Meyer only comes here if he is stupid. This would be by far the biggest challenge of his career. Very good chance he doesn’t get it turned around and ends up losing profusely. Then he loses cachet as a talking head. Unfortunately it’s going to have to be somebody that really needs and wants the big bucks and it’ll be a complete crap shoot if they work out. Unless something changes drastically in our favor in the CFB world, we are already where we’re gonna be. It’s over.

I don't disagree with anything you just said.

If Meyer can't win here, no one can.  So the university might as well go out guns blazing!

I don't really think Meyer would be interested in coming.  But I think people are crazy to say they think it would be a bad hire if he was "stupid" and came.

Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

People spent their money watching a below average project coach the past 5 seasons. 

Bc he was one of us a fellow Nebraskan anybody else is completely different. He had a much longer lease then anybody ever has. Nebraska fans held out hope including me till the end. Nebraska fans will not be excited if they hire a borderline coach. More people will stay at home and watch or they won't watch. The stadium was pretty much empty by the 4th quarter and Nebraska can't afford to not have the fan support.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

I am going to say this and most Nebraska fans wont like it. Nebraska can’t have another rebuild. They can’t wait 4-5 years. Almost everyone on that list will take that amount of time. No big names are coming that coach right now. They are in better situations. Nebraska needs Urban Meyer. Urban Meyer needs Nebraska. You think his last stint was the disaster at Jacksonville? Saban bailed on the NFL and went to a prestigious college.. No Meyer won’t last at Nebraska like Saban did at Alabama because Meyer wants one more job for MAYBE 5 years… But he can leave Nebraska in a lot better position then right now. Meyer wins the West in 2 years minimum. We have coaches that can recruit. Nebraska would have an offensive and defensive line. Nobody can deny it. Offer him 3 years/36 million. I guarantee Nebraska is better off then now… Ohio State, Florida, and Utah… all better off now and first season he left then what Nebraska is now. We aren’t in the 90’s people. Nebraska isn’t Nebraska. One more awful hire and we will be K-State forever.. 

I stopped reading  when you said Urban needs Nebraska. 
His legacy is complete with or without Nebraska. Unbelievable 

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don't disagree with anything you just said.

If Meyer can't win here, no one can.  So the university might as well go out guns blazing!

I don't really think Meyer would be interested in coming.  But I think people are crazy to say they think it would be a bad hire if he was "stupid" and came.

Yeah, I don’t like UM as a human being but he is one of only a small handful of coaches that have even begun to demonstrate they can do what we really need done. Unfortunately the others are previously engaged. I’d take him but it ain’t gonna happen.

6 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Hmm. You think Urban likes how everything ended for him? What is his “legacy” in your opinion. Let me know a better situation for Urban to than Nebraska right now.. He’s not shy on how he feels about Nebraska. 

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I don’t like UM as a human being but he is one of only a small handful of coaches that have even begun to demonstrate they can do what we really need done. Unfortunately the others are previously engaged. I’d take him but it ain’t gonna happen.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any HC I like as a human being :lol:

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Lance and Matt are the first names for me.

Going back to a conversation earlier in the thread. We all know UM's a good football mind and that he would probably be successful, but he's a garbage human being who's probably leaving after 2 years when the success doesn't reach the level he expects and we're stuck in another coaching search.

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Well I won't say Urban needs Nebraska but I get what he meant. Yes his legacy is complete but people have a negative opinion of him and you have to think as a person how can I change that. It doesn't necessarily have to be taking the job at Nebraska to change people's negative view but it would definitely help his reputation to do it. America loves redemption stories. Yes he is a winner but look how people look at him rn on tv.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Bc he was one of us a fellow Nebraskan anybody else is completely different. He had a much longer lease then anybody ever has. Nebraska fans held out hope including me till the end. Nebraska fans will not be excited if they hire a borderline coach. More people will stay at home and watch or they won't watch. The stadium was pretty much empty by the 4th quarter and Nebraska can't afford to not have the fan support.

It was empty because the game had been over for an hour and a half. We get it. You’ve got your non negotiable. Matt Campbell shows up and you’re done. Cool bro. Don’t think you speak for an entire fan base. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

It was empty because the game had been over for an hour and a half. We get it. You’ve got your non negotiable. Matt Campbell shows up and you’re done. Cool bro. Don’t think you speak for an entire fan base. 

I dont speak for a entire nation but I speak for some. You accept mediocrity I don't. You keep wasting your money I won't. To each their own.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Frustrated said:

OK. You kool-aid drinkers win. Hire Urban. But never, ever complain when he takes the money, doesn't produce the results you want and leaves. 7-8 wins a season is not my benchmark. It's higher. We had Bo. We ran him out of town. At this point, we don't deserve nice things. 

But sure, Urban is the savior.

For my part, I am hoping for an up-and-comer who is willing to take a few calculated risks to build a program with a cohesive vision and plan and make a name for himself. 

I don't think anything is certain. No coaching hire is 100% certain. But at least he has a proven track record and is a proven winner.

• Oh Yeah! 1