Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NU's starting point at the salary for the next head coach should be $6 million, regardless of who it is.  NU fans keep harping that this NU needs to be a top 1/3 of the conference program, then NU needs to pay in that range.

Depending on who Nebraska gets (and assuming it's someone many fans will be happy with) I think it will have to be higher than that.

If it's a current Power Five coach, I'd start at 8 or 9 million. Granted, I'm not rich or any AD, so I could be wrong. 

• Plus1 1

We did not sell ourselves to Urban today, we made fools out of ourselves.  Really and honestly.  We made ourselves and our university look like a bunch of beggers.  I think he would be a nice hire.  I think we needed to show more today on the field, not during the pregame show.  What we showed on the field was a lack of athleticism, and a complete lack of want to by alot of players on both sides of the ball.  Sure, some of that is coaching (defense), but some of that is just plain lack of talent from the top to the bottom on this roster.  I am questioning a few different things after this game.  Whipple is not a game manager.  Again, we don't run the ball enough in key situations.  We have a bad D, and we continued to get pass happy.  We are so predictable.  Run the ball more to set up the pass for a change.  Casey did not impress me today.  His overall game is not what we think it is.  Purdy actually showed me more today.  Grant is not able to out run a good P-5 defense like he did against other lesser foes.  Palmer is the the lone bright spot on this team.  He tries each and every play.  We lack talent, but we are not getting maximum effort from those more talented.  We don't have any leaders on the field.  That is what Mickey has to develop going ahead.  Were not going to get bigger, stronger and faster right now. 

By no means should anyone realistically thought that this game was going to be a W for us today.  The team had just 3-4 practices together since the Firing.  Emotions were still all over the place.  This bye week is the best thing that has happened of this program in the last two years.  I think we will see a different team against Indiana.  It was just a pipe dream to think we might see that against OU in the first week after everything that happened.  OU is also a way better team that anyone thought.  I saw Mickey do more coaching on the sidelines than any other coach we have had here in a very long time.  Maybe since Bo's early years. 

24 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

We did not sell ourselves to Urban today, we made fools out of ourselves.  Really and honestly.  We made ourselves and our university look like a bunch of beggers.  I think he would be a nice hire.  I think we needed to show more today on the field, not during the pregame show.  What we showed on the field was a lack of athleticism, and a complete lack of want to by alot of players on both sides of the ball.  Sure, some of that is coaching (defense), but some of that is just plain lack of talent from the top to the bottom on this roster.  I am questioning a few different things after this game.  Whipple is not a game manager.  Again, we don't run the ball enough in key situations.  We have a bad D, and we continued to get pass happy.  We are so predictable.  Run the ball more to set up the pass for a change.  Casey did not impress me today.  His overall game is not what we think it is.  Purdy actually showed me more today.  Grant is not able to out run a good P-5 defense like he did against other lesser foes.  Palmer is the the lone bright spot on this team.  He tries each and every play.  We lack talent, but we are not getting maximum effort from those more talented.  We don't have any leaders on the field.  That is what Mickey has to develop going ahead.  Were not going to get bigger, stronger and faster right now. 

By no means should anyone realistically thought that this game was going to be a W for us today.  The team had just 3-4 practices together since the Firing.  Emotions were still all over the place.  This bye week is the best thing that has happened of this program in the last two years.  I think we will see a different team against Indiana.  It was just a pipe dream to think we might see that against OU in the first week after everything that happened.  OU is also a way better team that anyone thought.  I saw Mickey do more coaching on the sidelines than any other coach we have had here in a very long time.  Maybe since Bo's early years. 

Did u mean to post this on here or was this intended as an entry to your diary? 

to be clear, if we somehow get urban, urban isn’t forced to have whipple or forced to run with this piss poor barely qualified as a P5 and prolly middle ground group of 5 roster.  

i chuckled when in a span of 2 sentences u rip grant yet say Palmer is the lone bright spot on this team when grant ran hard all day and Palmer had the fumble to start the 2nd half putting a nail in the day lol

No one realistically expected a win today. In the long run, it was probably needed so we as fans would stop thinking this team is close. It’s not, we’ve neglected consistent recruiting and development of both the d and o line for 3 coaches now. Our recruiting rankings are bloated by skill players, half of which never see the field or leave the program and the other half never progress during their time here. We haven’t had a defense that actually forces turnovers since probably 2012.

This progrum sucks as it stands. I hope trev and boosters that actually make the decision r as sick to their stomach as I am and realize that if they don’t get this hire right this program is done.  College students r now attending UNL where the best squad in their lifetime was the 09 Suh squad and the sad part is they prolly don’t even remember that cause of how young they were at the time. We’re in desperate need of a jolt and I hope that jolt comes in the form of urban Meyer 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, 3gunhusker said:

Trev might have locked himself in a corner by claiming he’ll only hire folks that are Nebraska like in culture.  The best 4-5 coaches out there don’t fit that mold.  

This and only this end this thread now! If anyone doesn’t want Urban Meyer your a fool. There are only a handful of coaches out there that can win anywhere Urban is the only one available. All the other options given best case  you become a 9 win football program that’s best case. Only one coach gives you you a chance to get back to the national spot light one coach only that’s Urban Meyer you are crazy if you think otherwise

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

It starts with accountability. Being accountable for making the mistakes we’ve made over the years. Recognizing  it and doing things differently. That’s with respect to the terminations and hires.

It takes a coach being accountable for himself as someone leading first and players holding themselves and each other accountable. 

The more success there is, the more that is required to remain successful. That’s a winning culture.

Many of us have experienced this before…People knowing what they want and not being willing to do all that’s required for actualizing it. 

I’m not sure that Mickey is the one though I’m certain that he gets this aspect of what is required. It seems this team fears success as more will be required of them. And it sounds at least to some extent that might be true for those that have been leading them.

Put in the work. Have the desire to do what’s necessary because the organizations, coaches and teams that beat you will and do. 

The next coach needs to have an understanding of this and develops players having the drive to improve. And it’s the coach and the coaches staff’s responsibility to identify them.

I've been surprised how glowingly Urban has spoke of Nebraska in his recent interviews.  Not just oh they have great fans shtick.  Honestly seems like he was a big fan back in the day.  Truth is all these people saying this coach wouldn't touch Nebraska that coach isn't leaving, don't know what any coach really thinks.  

• Plus1 2