Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

All you have to do is look at results and the results speak for themselves. Nobody can argue against that. 

What results? We have had the stars to win our division since we got into this league yet we've only managed it once. Obviously stars matter but clearly talent isn't our issue when on paper we should be the best team in the west year in year out. A guy like Benhart that people are crucifying was a highly touted 4 star lineman. He was an elite recruit. We have quite a few of those but frankly you look at the results and they don't match up with the talent we aquire. Stars matter but when you have the recruiting stars to win and you don't clearly other issues are at play.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

What results? We have had the stars to win our division since we got into this league yet we've only managed it once. Obviously stars matter but clearly talent isn't our issue when on paper we should be the best team in the west year in year out. A guy like Benhart that people are crucifying was a highly touted 4 star lineman. He was an elite recruit. We have quite a few of those but frankly you look at the results and they don't match up with the talent we aquire. Stars matter but when you have the recruiting stars to win and you don't clearly other issues are at play.

Stars matter just AS MUCH AS GREAT COACHING DOES. THEY COINCIDE WITH EACH OTHER!!!! What part of that don't you understand???? Do you think think that Benhart was taught by a great coach to develop??? Greg Austin clearly wasn't a great coach go look where he ended up. Then you bring in a coach that never has been a college o-line coach. Look at the mess clearly like I said results speak for themselves.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, 87skers said:

Either that means Urban is close or is the frontrunner for the Nebraska job, or Trev Alberts fumbled this hiring process already. How in the world is Urban Meyer in Lincoln all day long and as the AD you don't have a talk about him being the head coach? He should've been conversing with Urban Meyer all day yesterday. Whether you like the guy or not, one of the best coaches in college football was visiting yesterday. You have to talk to him and gauge his interest. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

If the comments that Stai said we’re not even considering Urban are true - I know everything I need to about this admin’s commitment to winning. How on earth can you not even consider a coach that’s won NCs at two different universities?!

Expect another underwhelming hire and expect more Nebraska fans to find others things to do on their Saturdays. 

Either act like a blue blood or concede that status. I can’t imagine half our fan base will be willing to put up with aspirations to plateau as a mid-tier program. 

• Plus1 1