Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, corncraze said:

If the comments that Stai said we’re not even considering Urban are true - I know everything I need to about this admin’s commitment to winning. How on earth can you not even consider a coach that’s won NCs at two different universities?!

Expect another underwhelming hire and expect more Nebraska fans to find others things to do on their Saturdays. 

Either act like a blue blood or concede that status. I can’t imagine half our fan base will be willing to put up with aspirations to plateau as a mid-tier program. 

exactly. urban wins everywhere (except NFL).... could be like Saban to Alabama.......... 

at the very least an offer needs to be made to urban, and it needs to be publicly announced that an offer was made.

fans should expect nothing less. passing on Urban is an F U to the fans who have supported some awful football over the last 20 years.

if Fox can hire urban with very little public backlash then a public university should have zero problem hiring him.

i will not be going to another game any time soon if we hire a 6 win coach from the big 12.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, corncraze said:

If the comments that Stai said we’re not even considering Urban are true - I know everything I need to about this admin’s commitment to winning. How on earth can you not even consider a coach that’s won NCs at two different universities?!

Expect another underwhelming hire and expect more Nebraska fans to find others things to do on their Saturdays. 

Either act like a blue blood or concede that status. I can’t imagine half our fan base will be willing to put up with aspirations to plateau as a mid-tier program. 

We as fans need to step up and hold the school accountable. The administration has been ran by monkey’s for year how can we all say the coaches to be accountable when we can’t hold the administration accountable. Simple solutions stop buying tickets that simple. Save a little money as well

• Fire 3
13 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

at the very least an offer needs to be made to urban, and it needs to be publicly announced that an offer was made.

fans should expect nothing less. passing on Urban is an F U to the fans who have supported some awful football over the last 20 years.

if Fox can hire urban with very little public backlash then a public university should have zero problem hiring him.

i will not be going to another game any time soon if we hire a 6 win coach from the big 12.

It’s probably time to quit threatening and start doing. If enough of the other 90k fans join you, maybe you’re right. You’ll be missed.

salute-see-ya.gif

• Plus1 3

37 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

Need to hear urban say no.  How many times do they say one thing but are talking another behind closed doors.  

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, ndobney said:

We as fans need to step up and hold the school accountable. The administration has been ran by monkey’s for year how can we all say the coaches to be accountable when we can’t hold the administration accountable. Simple solutions stop buying tickets that simple. Save a little money as well

You’re right. At some we’re enabling the behavior. The sellout streak is meaningless if we’re a mid-tier program or less…

1 minute ago, corncraze said:

You’re right. At some we’re enabling the behavior. The sellout streak is meaningless if we’re a mid-tier program or less…

How does it make it any less meaningful if we are winning vs losing?  You don’t think any and all programs and players would love to see full stands Every game?   It show support for this team and university is not just  fair weather fans 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Out of every person’s list only one coach has shown interest in Nebraska in the past and that’s Matt Campbell. If you want detail oriented, player development, defensive minded, he is our guy. But we need to take what Urban said with seriousness. We need to go back to what made us an epicenter of player development. It all starts up front on both sides of the ball.

We don’t know 100% if Urban has interest or not. We’re either going to get a coach on the up and up or a fired HC. Based on who is trending up and down, I see no reason why to go after someone who was recently fired. I don’t understand the obsession with Matt Rhule. Did he beat any top CFB teams at Baylor? He hasn’t done anything at Carolina. To me he’s another Bill Callahan.

The next coach needs to be someone who is a master at fundamentals, a motivator, and player developer. And we need to surround him with a huge financial pool to use for assistants.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1