Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

He isn't a up and comer he is a 58 year coach and we know Nebraska isn't what they used to be but Nebraska can go get a great coach with great assistants and make us great again. 

Yes, he isn't young (but he is an up and comer).  58 is pushing it.  But Nebraska couldn't get a 'great coach' after Solich, Callahan, or Pelini.  Frost was the only 'great coach' hire, but he was different because he had Nebraska roots.  If they couldn't get one before there is zero reason to think they can get a name, or 'great' coach now. 

You guys are crapping on Leipold when his Kansas team would whip the sh$& out of us if we played on Saturday.  We have the finest arm chair quarterbacks in college football round here.

We need to be respectable again, and compete for the division.  Leipold would do that quickly. We will NEVER win a national championship again. NEVER. Get that through your skulls and get some realistic expectations.  You'll be much more satisfied in life.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just doesn't sound like Trev is "swinging for the fences" -- seems more like he's going to take the safe, conservative route. 

I’d bet Trev isn’t even sure what he’s thinking at this time. I’m sure it’s a pool of moving parts. If he can lock down, announce, and bring in anybody until after the season anyway. He’d be silly to be any too far along in the search. 

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

Doeren looks like a winner. Wonder if he would consider coming here?

I hope so.  Seems like a no nonsense kind of coach that has big ten/midwest coaching.

My only other "theory" would be hire Mickey, have have him hire Vance as DC (maybe a SEC type D with Mickeys recruiting) and who knows......He hire Tommy Herman as OC. LETS GO???  

I can type for hours on end......I just wanna watch us be good again. I am sick of listening to my Iowa and Wisconsin friends talking crap. 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You guys are crapping on Leipold when his Kansas team would whip the sh$& out of us if we played on Saturday.  We have the finest arm chair quarterbacks in college football round here.

4 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

So since your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice is urban Meyer, Round out your top 5 for us

4 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

So since your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice is urban Meyer, Round out your top 5 for us

Let me clarify it again I never said Campbell or Lance Leipold aren't good coaches. IN MY HONEST OPINION do you think they can have sustainable success here. It's going to take another 3-4 years of hoping that they can be good it wont be a short rebuild. Trev should swing for the fences and not go for a conservative search. You guys keep telling me about past candidates that past on this job you have to think that money had to be involved and how much Nebraska was willing to spend at that time. Nebraska has more money to spend now more then ever so at least go try and get the best available coach. One that has experience winning at a high level and having consistent success.  That's what Nebraska should go do to become successful again in my book and I know I'm not the only Husker fan that thinks about it that way.

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Let me clarify it again I never said Campbell or Lance Leipold aren't good coaches. IN MY HONEST OPINION do you think they can have sustainable success here. It's going to take another 3-4 years of hoping that they can be good it wont be a short rebuild. Trev should swing for the fences and not go for a conservative search. You guys keep telling me about past candidates that past on this job you have to think that money had to be involved and how much Nebraska was willing to spend at that time. Nebraska has more money to spend now more then ever so at least go try and get the best available coach. One that has experience winning at a high level and having consistent success.  That's what Nebraska should go do to become successful again in my book and I know I'm not the only Husker fan that thinks about it that way.

So what candidates would qualify as a ‘swing for the fences’?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, runningblind said:

We need to be respectable again, and compete for the division.  Leipold would do that quickly. We will NEVER win a national championship again. NEVER. Get that through your skulls and get some realistic expectations.  You'll be much more satisfied in life.

This is exactly what I thought about hiring Campbell away from Iowa State shortly after he got there....so we should steal any area coach who gets a few wins? That's creepy.

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Urban Meyer, Chris Peterson, Mark Stoops, Dave Aranda, Kyle Whittingham. A nationally known coach. Not saying anyone of them would come but with enough money in their face someone would accept.

Fair enough. Most reasonable folks understand that Meyer does not want the job.  Whittingham ain’t leaving. Not sure about Peterson, but it would surprise me if he were interested. Maybe aranda would come?  Feel like stoops would be making at best a lateral move by leaving for Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1