Who should our next HC be?

13 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Why are more people not excited about Lance Leopold? Dude took a total crap show in Kansas and made them look like something.  He's had success everywhere else he's been.  Seems very realistic relocate him a state north.  

He's been successful everywhere that he's been. Very good coach! 

• Plus1 1

It’s obvious Meyer isn’t coming, and for many good reasons. And, to be honest, I thought most members on this board had figured out last year that Bob Stoops was not coming either (smh).

I have been reading with interest how people think this coach or that coach would be good for whatever reason, only to be shot down due to this or that. To me the reason is pretty simple: aside from the most elite of college programs there is much, much more parity now in college football than there was 20 years or so ago. 

What I am trying to say is that today’s “upsets” are not as huge as they were back in the day. 

2 minutes ago, Knothole Seats @ 50 Cents said:

It’s obvious Meyer isn’t coming, and for many good reasons. And, to be honest, I thought most members on this board had figured out last year that Bob Stoops was not coming either (smh).

I have been reading with interest how people think this coach or that coach would be good for whatever reason, only to be shot down due to this or that. To me the reason is pretty simple: aside from the most elite of college programs there is much, much more parity now in college football than there was 20 years or so ago. 

What I am trying to say is that today’s “upsets” are not as huge as they were back in the day. 

Why is it obvious that meyer isnt coming, please elaborate.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Why are more people not excited about Lance Leopold? Dude took a total crap show in Kansas and made them look like something.  He's had success everywhere else he's been.  Seems very realistic relocate him a state north.  

he'll be 60 after his 1st season here. feels like mike riley all over again. mike riley won games at oregon st too which is the kansas of the pac10.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, BoSolich said:

he'll be 60 after his 1st season here. feels like mike riley all over again. mike riley won games at oregon st too which is the kansas of the pac10.

Mike Riley was also trending down by the time he left Oregon State. Liepold won 6 DIII national championships, fastest in NCAA history to 100 wins regardless of level. Immediately improved Buffalo, who's trending down since he left, and has immediately improved the worst P5 program since he's stepped on their campus.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, BoSolich said:

I've thought this too...I do like Lance although I'd rather have someone here for many years. I suppose the right guy on his staff could slide in but that's really difficult to predict. Again, he's a good coach though there might be ones that are a better fit. I prefer a younger candidate for a few different reasons. 

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The reason I point out Chadwell is because at least we'd have a unique brand again, and with that offense we'd attract recruits that others might not be targeting as much.

Man... you fully went from "we NEED a splash big name bona fide all star head coach because we also NEED top 10 recruiting" to "I'd hire the G5 guy just so we can be weird and get the leftovers" in like 4 days

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

If you liked bob diacos defense you’ll love lance!

6 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

He just won a few games at our neighbor Kansas, so now we want him? That’s creepy.