Who should our next HC be?

Why are some of you still talking about Urban? Trev is not going to hire him!

Trev wants a drama-free, longer-term coach to firmly re-establish culture by leading and serving the players. Trev said he is not in a hurry and that he is more interested in getting the right guy.

So, highly unlikely Trev takes a risk on Meyer, a 58 year old with heart issues whose best years are behind him and a family that does not want him coaching anymore to coach for a handful of years at most which gives Urban, and Trev, a short window for a "quick fix" after Trev stressed he is not going to rush things.

Trev patiently waited to become AD and has probably thought about this decision for many years. He is not going to gamble this decision (i.e. Husker football), his job as AD and his reputation on a "quick fix" with baggage.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Go Furself said:

Trev wants a drama-free, longer-term coach to firmly re-establish culture by leading and serving the players. Trev said he is not in a hurry and that he is more interested in getting the right guy.

So, highly unlikely Trev takes a risk on Meyer, a 58 year old with heart issues whose best years are behind him with a family that does not want him coaching anymore to coach for a handful of years at most which gives Urban, and Trev, a short window for a "quick fix" after Trev stressed he is not going to rush things.

Trev patiently waited to become AD and has probably thought about this decision for many years. He is not going to gamble this decision, his job as AD and his reputation on a "quick fix" with baggage.

right now. Urban is the favorite.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 minutes ago, Go Furself said:

So, highly unlikely Trev takes a risk on Meyer, a 58 year old with heart issues whose best years are behind him and a family that does not want him coaching anymore to coach for a handful of years at most which gives Urban, and Trev, a short window for a "quick fix" after Trev stressed he is not going to rush things.

Trev patiently waited to become AD and has probably thought about this decision for many years. He is not going to gamble this decision (i.e. Husker football), his job as AD and his reputation on a "quick fix" with baggage.

Ok, all this is great and i understand what your saying about Urban.  But Luke Fickel isnt coming here.  He has no reason to.

• Fire 2

57 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Exactly how I feel about the Campbell and Leipold backers. Willing to take any decent-looking girl who looks in their direction.  At least Meyer has a track record of winning and championships and knows what it takes to be successful. In my opinion he'd do everything he can to end his career on an upswing after the disaster in Jacksonville. Resurrecting Nebraska would solidify him as one of the all-time great college coaches. 

But it's ok, we can agree to disagree.

You and me are not the only ones that feel about it just wait

58 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Exactly how I feel about the Campbell and Leipold backers. Willing to take any decent-looking girl who looks in their direction.  At least Meyer has a track record of winning and championships and knows what it takes to be successful. In my opinion he'd do everything he can to end his career on an upswing after the disaster in Jacksonville. Resurrecting Nebraska would solidify him as one of the all-time great college coaches. 

But it's ok, we can agree to disagree.

You and me are not the only ones that feel about it just wait

I want you all to try and understand something.  No one is wanting to walk into this s#!tshow, not anyone who is currently a successfull head coach at a drama free program.  Not ISU, Not Kentucky, Not Cincinniti, no one and why would they.  So you all better hope its Urban, because if its not him its going to be another unproven one and we all know how well all of that worked.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4