Who should our next HC be?

21 minutes ago, Pennhusker said:

Not sure who i want as the new head coach but i know it’s not bill obrien. He told the psu kids to stick around, was gonna rebuild the program…then acted like he had no idea sanctions were coming after the sandusky scandal, and left those kids high and dry. So much for obrien’s lions

Dunno why the hate for Bill Obrien. He does a great job with our salt-water aquarium. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, skeener said:

Ever hear of a guy named Lawrence Phillips?  Star RB.  Climbed through a window and dragged a girl by her hair from the third story to the parking lot.

Rumor was the girl had some relationship with LP, and when LP returned from a road game she was in Scott Frost's appt, Scott was hiding in the closet.  Or something to that effect.  Scott was always a class act.  Cant believe he crashed and burned,

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, 87skers said:

I've mentioned Leipold on a couple different threads now. I think he's the best program builder that we have a realistic shot at getting. I know a lot of people like Campbell and rightfully so, and the comparisons between him and Riley are totally unfair. BUT I think Leipold is a better hire. He understands what it takes to build a program from the ground up, as evidenced by his time at Buffalo and short time at KU. Two years ago KU's program was in a worse spot then NU is right now and right now they would beat NU. They have less talent, less resources, and less of pretty much everything than Nebraska. The turnaround he has performed there in less than 2 years from where they were when he got there is nothing short of miraculous. Hire this guy away from KU and I'd bet almost anything that in 3 years we will see a ton of player development and in 5 years were in the BIG championship 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, TonkaSker said:

If we're defining these guys by single-game results what should we make of these? 

Clemson 31 - Ohio State 0

Iowa 55 - Ohio State 24

Purdue 49 - Ohio State 20

Maybe these don't fall on urban since some think Schiano was handling a lot of the day-to-day during his last few years.

What about a combined record of 42-80 is single-game? :confucius

2 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Most of their classes were in the mid 60s before he got there occasionally in the mid to high 50s. He has them in the mid to low 40s now. 

Am I supposed to be impressed? :confucius 

Data shows that if you want to win championships, you've gotta finish in Top 15 recruiting-wise on a regular basis. Can Campbell or Leipold consistently bring in Top 15 classes? Hell no.

• TBH 1
24 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

Two years ago KU's program was in a worse spot then NU is right now and right now they would beat NU. They have less talent, less resources, and less of pretty much everything than Nebraska. The turnaround he has performed there in less than 2 years from where they were when he got there is nothing short of miraculous

Just about any team would beat Nebraska right now.

And what is this "miraculous" turnaround you speak of? They were 2-10 in his first season last year (worse than even Frost!) and yeah they're 3-0 right now, but what if they finish 5-7? Then what? His body of work is way to small to take such a gamble. 

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Am I supposed to be impressed? :confucius 

Data shows that if you want to win championships, you've gotta finish in Top 15 recruiting-wise on a regular basis. Can Campbell or Leipold consistently bring in Top 15 classes? Hell no.

Nebraska and their fans are ok with not competing for Championships. They just want 9 wins and that's fine. If your coach can consistently win 9 games and take us to any bowl you should just be happy with the results. I will never give in to that thinking. You are selling yourself short if you do that.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Nebraska and their fans are ok with not competing for Championships. They just want 9 wins and that's fine. If your coach can consistently win 9 games and take us to any bowl you should just be happy with the results. I will never give in to that thinking. You are selling yourself short if you do that.

The problem is you have to win 9 before you can win more. That’s been lost in Lincoln for a LONG time.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't see any of these guys even reaching 9 wins on a consistent basis.