Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, desertshox said:

Well he did say 2-3 years and year 3 falls into the 2-3 year timespan.

Imho if Urban Meyer were to come here not saying he is but he would hit the ground running. I just think he would be able to fill the roster no problem. Bc recruits know his name but bc he knows how to identify talent as well and bring those guys in to develop them. Urban would know what it takes to get a great recruiting class and Im sorry but either through high school recruiting or transfers with nil he would put us in the top 15 no problem no struggle. He would easily outclass SF best recruiting class (his first year 2018 at 18th ranked).  With better results come more recruits.

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Imho if Urban Meyer were to come here not saying he is but he would hit the ground running. I just think he would be able to fill the roster no problem. Bc recruits know his name but bc he knows how to identify talent as well and bring those guys in to develop them. Urban would know what it takes to get a great recruiting class and Im sorry but either through high school recruiting or transfers with nil he would put us in the top 15 no problem no struggle. He would easily outclass SF best recruiting class (his first year 2018 at 18th ranked).  With better results come more recruits.

Given the deficiencies on both lines, he'd be hard pressed to vault nebraska into the rankings. Hence 2-3 years. You also have to remember he's been out of college coaching for 2 years and most of the highest ranked recruits have made their decisions. The deck is not stacked in his favor for an instant turnaround.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, huskerfan99 said:

If Campbell wins 8-9 a year at Nebraska his classes are top 25 at minimum. Easily 

Top recruiting classes mean jack s#!t if you fail to develop and retain said players. 

I agree completely about the development, but what makes you think he’ll win 9 games in Lincoln right off the bat? He’s only done it once during his ISU tenure. There’s a big difference between 7-8 wins (his typical output) as opposed to 9+.

Does anyone know the official timeline on when Urban can actually be hired? When he was at tOSU, there was an overlap with him being there and the "interim" staff still being there. I remember it seeming odd, but within NCAA rules, they were essentially able to hire Urban and let him get in place and start assembling his staff and recruiting while the old (interim) staff was able to finish out the rest of the season, which was just the bowl game. Their regular season ended on November 26, Urban announcement was on November 28, Fickell and the rest of the staff stayed on through the Gator Bowl on Jan 2, Fickell was retained but most of the rest of the staff was fired shortly after.

Doubtful we'll have a bowl game so that part probably doesn't apply to us (ducks for cover), but do we have to wait until the end of the regular season? I keep hearing Urban can be hired now. Is that really true? Maybe a deal can be made now, but I'm guessing we have to wait until at least November 26 to announce or before he can do any official work for us?

It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious from an announcement standpoint. Even if he can't officially start until 11/26, there is a ton of groundwork he can do behind the scenes in the way of evaluating and identifying assistants and recruits between now and then. Hell, maybe the deal is already done and he's already working behind the scenes :dunno

13 hours ago, chamrocck said:

A big time coach gets you the 500 mile radius plus national presence. You automatically become top dog and a beacon to all bordering states to draw those players in plus more. Right now we are fighting wars in neighboring states and certainly don’t have the record to win those fights. So Nebraska brings in ho-hum coach and those kids are staying local to go to K-State, Wisconsin, Minny, Iowa, Colorado. How are we going to win like that with USC joining with all their 5 star guys?  I like retaining MJ as a recruiter but we need a national winning name.

exactly what I’ve been saying from Day One. None of these middle-of-road coaches give us any sort of edge over any other coach/team in the West.

7 hours ago, chamrocck said:

That’s what I’m afraid of recruiting to the area. We don’t expand nationally like we need to with Campbell. This is a unique reset in College Football and the B1G.  If we don’t go big now we are stuck in the starting gate.  If Trev goes local yocal I’ll be disappointed and the win ceiling will be like 7 or 8. Urban is the clear difference maker. Tebow’s comments were right on about what he could do with Nebraska. We have to get a coach that wants to play for it all in the B1G.  I think we will go north of $10 million to lure in a serious coach. Mike Gundy seemed pretty sour that Bedlam is ending. I’d go after him, Aranda, and Stoops.  Petersen would be hard to get.  Fickell is a maybe for me.  If we are going lower tier like Campbell, Leopold, or Chadwell then maybe Chadwell because he’d bring something unique in regard to identity. Would it win? Probably not but you could build it up and get unique recruits if you saw it had some hope after a couple of years.

Are you just copying and pasting my words from this and other threads? 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Meyer

Aranda

Kiffin

Rhule

Heck, with the way their season is going and how brutal NFL job security is, maybe Zac Taylor?

30 minutes ago, Farms said:

I was with you until you threw out Zac Taylor. This is a great swing for the fences list otherwise though.

Your definition of "swing for the fences" and mine are two completely different things. Only one name on that list is "swing for the fences." The rest are prospects at best. We don't need another prospect. How are Aranda, Kiffin, Rhule (and even Taylor) any different from Callahan/Riley/Frost?