Who should our next HC be?

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I do. 

We should aim higher than that imo

I agree, we should.  He's not my number one, or even in my personal top 3, but he's on my list and if our top choices turn us down, I won't be upset we got him.   I mean if we miss on the ribeye, I won't complain that we got a sirloin.

• Plus1 1

When Oklahoma hit rock bottom with three straight losing seasons under Blake in the late 90's, they didn't hire a guy who was a HC, or former HC, from another school.  They hired a Defensive Coordinator.  And that DC, Bob Stoops, turned it around immediately. 

Alberts needs to find the Coordinator or the non-Power five HC who is ready to successfully take then next step.  Happens all the time.  Just need the right guy.  All this talk about hiring name brand Head coaches who don't want to come here in the first place is misguided.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Another name I wish we'd see mentioned more is Todd Monken... not sure why he doesn't get more attention? Coached at Southern Miss and took a 1-11 program to 9-5 in 2 years, has NFL experience, and has coached with some great coaches such as Brian Kelly, Kirby Smart, & Mike Gundy. He currently makes $2-mil a year as Georgia's OC.

Its probably bc he is a outside the box candidate that nobody would feel like we could possibly get from Georgia being a powerhouse rn.

9 minutes ago, skeener said:

When Oklahoma hit rock bottom with three straight losing seasons under Blake in the late 90's, they didn't hire a guy who was a HC, or former HC, from another school.  They hired a Defensive Coordinator.  And that DC, Bob Stoops, turned it around immediately. 

Alberts needs to find the Coordinator or the non-Power five HC who is ready to successfully take then next step.  Happens all the time.  Just need the right guy.  All this talk about hiring name brand Head coaches who don't want to come here in the first place is misguided.

Jim Leonhard baby. Dude is a hall of fame coach waiting for his first job. My favorite candidate this cycle. The guy has “it”. 

Elite teaching and developmental skills, young and extremely hungry for success, an X’s and O’s wizard, and always has his guys ready prepared. All the traits you saw with Stoops. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Another name I wish we'd see mentioned more is Todd Monken... not sure why he doesn't get more attention? Coached at Southern Miss and took a 1-11 program to 9-5 in 2 years, has NFL experience, and has coached with some great coaches such as Brian Kelly, Kirby Smart, & Mike Gundy. He currently makes $2-mil a year as Georgia's OC.

Why did he leave Southern Miss to be a coordinator again?  Seems like a weird move. 

15 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Jim Leonhard baby. Dude is a hall of fame coach waiting for his first job. My favorite candidate this cycle. The guy has “it”. 

Elite teaching and developmental skills, young and extremely hungry for success, an X’s and O’s wizard, and always has his guys ready prepared. All the traits you saw with Stoops. 

https://huskercorner.com/2022/09/21/nebraska-football-jim-leonhard-radar/ Article on Jim Leonhard

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

But can he recruit? 

34 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Its probably bc he is a outside the box candidate that nobody would feel like we could possibly get from Georgia being a powerhouse rn.

No less likely than pulling a head coach like Aranda or DeBoer or Stoops or Gundy or others mentioned? Perhaps he'd be interested in a head coaching gig at a big time program? He came to Lincoln to play us when he was coach of Southern Miss so he's familiar with the atmosphere.