Who should our next HC be?

9 minutes ago, skeener said:

You got that right.  Not offered a scholarship out of high school but walked on at Wisconsin and was All Big Ten (and i think AA).  Not drafted, but ended up playing 10 years in the NFL.  When you believe like that and succeed against all odds, it shows a rare kind of character.  And he knows the game inside and out.  Head coach timber for sure.

You like the 2-4-5 defense?? How long do you think it would take to be good here?

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I like Mickey but I honestly don't feel like he was giving a fair chance to show us how he could make us better when he was put into a horrible spot 4 games in. 

Absolutely agree 100%.  Mickey was put into a no win situation.  We have a roster that is in need of help and frankly a very lackluster coaching staff at this point.  Mickey is the only bright spot from the chair I sit in every Saturday.  I honestly don't think many other coaches want this gig right now.  Maybe Campbell or Leipold, but thats really it in my eyes.  Do you take a chance on those two before Mickey?  Jim Leonard is MIckey.  Can't believe that he would be suggested over Mickey based on his resume, which is coaching defense in the worst division in P-5 football.  Yes, the worst division in Power 5 football is the west division of the Big 10.  Worst offenses in the country on an usual basis.  Aim higher at least if you want a Coordinator type. 

Meyer is not going to come here.  This is not a fit for him.  Notre Dame or Texas or Bama when Saban retires.  Ready made winners. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, admo said:

Mickey Joseph is my guy.  I'm all in.  I don't care about all these other future big payday buyout turds. 

If you could win at Nebraska, you would already be there.

#Team Mickey

Come at me

:HotTake:

I'm pulling for him over all these other run-of-the-mill lame duck middle-of-the-road coaches being mentioned. At least he knows how to recruit.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
55 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You like the 2-4-5 defense?? How long do you think it would take to be good here?

If you have the personnel for it, yes.

As far as how long, it's hard to set a timetable.  I'd say just give him a 5 year contract (without a ridiculous buyout price) and let him rip.

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You know that if Colorado is paying any attention to the Cornhuskers search and they see this you know they will definitely try to bring him back home to Colorado. For me I understand he has been and won at the highest level as their oc but my only thinking would be who would he bring along for his coaching staff and what type of defense would he run? That would be a site to behold if you could get him.