Who should our next HC be?

11 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Private planes from Waco and South Bend have landed in Lincoln within the last couple hours. Have there been any confirmed Dave Aranda or Knute Rockne sightings at Runza yet? :D

I originally posted the flight tracker stuff half-jokingly, but maybe there really is a little more smoke around Dave Aranda than I realized. 

• Plus1 1
On 9/20/2022 at 10:52 PM, admo said:

I'm sorry, but Bill o'brien sucks as head coach running a program and has not shown any loyalty.  Why would you have faith in him and give him the keys, especially to Nebraska?

Don't be dumb or fooled.

BOB coaching history :hmmph  (Maybe we do need to get burned again)

1993    Brown (TE)
1994    Brown (ILB)
1995–1997    Georgia Tech (GA)
1998–2000    Georgia Tech (RB)
2001–2002    Georgia Tech (OC/QB)
2003–2004    Maryland (RB)
2005–2006    Duke (OC/QB)
2007    New England Patriots (OA)
2008    New England Patriots (WR)
2009–2010    New England Patriots (QB)
2011    New England Patriots (OC/QB)
2012–2013    Penn State (HC)
2014–2020    Houston Texans (HC)
2021–present    Alabama (OC/QB)

And yet when we hired whipple with a longer and less successful resume we had fans drooling over him. 

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Wait all the other coaches you s#!t on and you are excited about a coach who hasn't coached in college in 20 years and is an OC that doesn't even call the plays.

I don't want him as a coach. I just like seeing Colorado fans squirm.

As for Aranda, I've very familiar with him from his time at LSU. He wouldn't be the Grand Slam that UM would be, but I'd consider him a home run.

9 hours ago, M.A. said:

Not a fan of this idea if true. I'm sorry. 

I like the Bieniemy idea!  An experienced NFL guy would attract high level recruits and I would trust his ability to build a coaching staff that would develop pro-caliber athletes.  That's why I suggested hire Mickey's brother Vance to assist Mickey and build a program. 

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, NativeJoe said:

I like the Bieniemy idea!  An experienced NFL guy would attract high level recruits and I would trust his ability to build a coaching staff that would develop pro-caliber athletes.  That's why I suggested hire Mickey's brother Vance to assist Mickey and build a program. 

Check out Vance’s background. A good football resource to have available by phone or text, but not to have on campus.  

I know this is a joke, but: this coaching hire isn’t a celebrity wanted ad.

Sanders is a great fit at Jackson St and there’s not much here for him. Urban has been an elite college coach but any critical thinking can tell you that isn’t what Trev wants and Urban will have jobs that are better fits for him.