Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Deion Sanders is an intriguing prospect.  I would refer to him as what has been described as a "cleaner". He's making things happen!

What is his interest level though and do you think that he could make the transition? He relates well with players. Not sure about it being a culture fit. It would take some getting used to for the fan base. 

Listening to the guy, he is thought provoking and makes a lot of sense. 

Deion is waiting for FSU to open up

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Mickey is currently 0-1 but I realize the OU game is not a fair test for his first game. I think if MJ can finish 5-3 or 6-2 he may have a shot. If it's 4-4 or worse there is not really a chance. The challenge is that Trev probably needs to make a decision before the season ends to allow a new coach time to be announced and start recruiting.

Whatchu mean 5-3 or 6-2 he "may have a shot"...???  Or 4-4 there is not really a chance...???

Yes, the OU game would have been a complete throttling with xHCSF.  And yes, the players were grieving losing their coach.  And yes, they had a few practices the week before the game.  And yes, it is not a fair test.

If the Huskers go 5-3 or 6-2..... or even 4-4 the rest of the way, considering 2 coach firings...  How could this not be an amazing turnaround worthy of being retained head coach ?????

5-3... 6-2.... 4-4..... not good enough today ???

Huskers Big Ten record:

2021  1-8

2020  3-5

2019  3-6

2018  3-6

2017  3-6

2016  6-3  (but, but it's Mike Riley tho)

2015  3-5

Do you (not you personally, but anyone here) think the Huskers have to go 5-3 or 6-2 to "maybe have a shot" for Mickey Joseph to be the head coach at Nebraska ???  And that "4 wins in the conference" isn't good enough ???  From everything that just happened this year?  Wow.... I would scream for Mickey to be retained...

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, admo said:

Whatchu mean 5-3 or 6-2 he "may have a shot"...???  Or 4-4 there is not really a chance...???

Yes, the OU game would have been a complete throttling with xHCSF.  And yes, the players were grieving losing their coach.  And yes, they had a few practices the week before the game.  And yes, it is not a fair test.

If the Huskers go 5-3 or 6-2..... or even 4-4 the rest of the way, considering 2 coach firings...  How could this not be an amazing turnaround worthy of being retained head coach ?????

5-3... 6-2.... 4-4..... not good enough today ???

Huskers Big Ten record:

2021  1-8

2020  3-5

2019  3-6

2018  3-6

2017  3-6

2016  6-3  (but, but it's Mike Riley tho)

2015  3-5

Do you (not you personally, but anyone here) think the Huskers have to go 5-3 or 6-2 to "maybe have a shot" for Mickey Joseph to be the head coach at Nebraska ???  And that "4 wins in the conference" isn't good enough ???  From everything that just happened this year?  Wow.... I would scream for Mickey to be retained...

Why? Because Trev ideally needs to hire a P5 head coach that is a proven winner. Hiring MJ at 4-4 is simply too risky given where the program has been and given MJ has never been a P5 head coach before. It may not be a fair way of evaluating Joseph but he is the interim coach and has a short window to show that he can do a better job than some of the candidates being considered.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Deion Sanders is an intriguing prospect.  I would refer to him as what has been described as a "cleaner". He's making things happen!

What is his interest level though and do you think that he could make the transition? He relates well with players. Not sure about it being a culture fit. It would take some getting used to for the fan base. 

Listening to the guy, he is thought provoking and makes a lot of sense. 

Hear what you are saying. At the end of the day though, the guy (atleast from what I have seen) brings straightforwardness, hard work ethic and connection/motivation. That's the "culture" we all want.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Hear what you are saying. At the end of the day though, the guy (atleast from what I have seen) brings straightforwardness, hard work ethic and connection/motivation. That's the "culture" we all want.

I'm seeing your point. All that fits. Deion might jolt the fan base in a good way. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

He had already interviewed for 3  D1 jobs so he doesn’t appear to be waiting for anything other than a better opportunity.

I honestly feel if he was offered the Nebraska job he would take it in a heartbeat...the guy is about creating positive impact and what better way to do than in middle America where "Prime Time" is viewed as flashy/about me and realizing it can be about hardwork and us

Be Bold Nebraska

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Why? Because Trev ideally needs to hire a P5 head coach that is a proven winner. Hiring MJ at 4-4 is simply too risky given where the program has been and given MJ has never been a P5 head coach before. It may not be a fair way of evaluating Joseph but he is the interim coach and has a short window to show that he can do a better job than some of the candidates being considered.

4 wins would be remarkably better. 

Huskers conference record:

2021  1-8

2020  3-5

2019  3-6

2018  3-6

2017  3-6

2016  6-3 

2015  3-5

Matt Campbell (for example)

Conference record:

2021  5-4

2020  8-2

2019  5-4

2018  6-3

2017  5-4

2016  2-7

I would be ok, I guess, with Campbell, Aranda, Liepold.  If Mickey wins 5 this year, you most definitely put him very high up on the list.  With the understanding of an amazing turnaround, the idea of Letting him recruit and build his staff.  The future would look very promising, as much as Campbell doing his 5-6 win thing.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1