Who should our next HC be?

4 hours ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

I've always kind of felt like search firms are more to provide a layer of cover and act as the school's agent more than actually identifying candidates. Allows active coaches to say things like "I've never been contacted by the University of Nebraska" and allows the firm to put out initial feelers without anyone knowing who it's for. Trev doesn't pick up the phone and call the coach directly and say, "Hey, you interested in the Nebraska job?" He makes that call the the search firm, who makes that call to the agent, who makes that call to the coach. It's like having a buyer's agent and a seller's agent in real estate. You may find the house you want yourself, then you let the agents hammer out the details for you. They're just another go-between to keep things cleaner.

I get it. But I assume the university was planning on going to Trev at some point right. So did we need a search firm if we knew the hire ahead of time is all I’m saying 

27 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

Come here to read folks opinions and get updates on the coaching search but this board is nearly impossible to do so with dumb comments like these and all the follow ups. Mods can yall keep these discussions on topic?

We can be pretty good at straying off topic - especially when it is needed to distract from a POOR POST!  But welcome to the board anyway.  Where is @knapplc when you need him to start a thread derailing post about food.   Oh, well, I'll do it: 

Actually I do prefer burnt ends over BBQ bologna which they sell here in Oklahoma.  My favorite is from BurnCo here in Tulsa.  12 Hasty Bake Grills going under one roof.

https://www.burnbbq.com/

F32A3D4D-3FD1-40DF-AAD1-2889C934739F-1920w.jpeg

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

We can be pretty good at straying off topic - especially when it is needed to distract from a POOR POST!  But welcome to the board anyway.  Where is @knapplc when you need him to start a thread derailing post about food.   Oh, well, I'll do it: 

Actually I do prefer burnt ends over BBQ bologna which they sell here in Oklahoma.  My favorite is from BurnCo here in Tulsa.  12 Hasty Bake Grills going under one roof.

1131FF2A-D9D1-45C0-85E8-E117ABED46D5.jpeg

76A0923D-8BF1-4129-9B23-3A08F7A66E7D.jpeg

81705FE4-8514-421E-A642-58C8107591BD.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
21 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Hmmmm….good thing I’m making ribs in the morning. And….it’s not even game day.