Who should our next HC be?

I will absolutely give Mickey full support and the benefit of doubt.  This isn't a bad team.  

Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota.    

Start off with one win and let's see if we can stack more wins.  

Go 4-1 in that stretch, or 5-0 and for sure he needs to be retained.  I think the Huskers can do it.  

• Oh Yeah! 1
7 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022/09/23/source-joseph-took-nebraska-interim-job-on-assurances-hell-be-retained

love seeing this. Regardless who the next coach is, if it isn’t MJ I’d love to see him stay on the staff. Would have to think this is big for recruiting continuity too

You’ve got to think a strong maybe if it’s Aranda. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I mean a lot of these guys have huge egos and/or competitive drive. Also I don't know about you but I would leave my job for one that gives be a 50% raise and has better resources in basically every department. Every major school has fired seceral coaches it's just the world they live in. We just showed we are more willing to wait on a coach to succeed than any major school really. 

Why is the head coaching job at Nebraska worth a 50% raise?

Fickell and Campbell signed extensions through 2028.  $5 mil is very good for a coach.  Would they really need to double that?  

Leipold signed a deal through 2027.  

Is Nebraska going to pay their buyouts and also double their salary?  I mean, we only win 3 conference games a year.  That's a lot of money to pay.  I'm just saying...

6 minutes ago, admo said:

Why is the head coaching job at Nebraska worth a 50% raise?

Fickell and Campbell signed extensions through 2028.  $5 mil is very good for a coach.  Would they really need to double that?  

Leipold signed a deal through 2027.  

Is Nebraska going to pay their buyouts and also double their salary?  I mean, we only win 3 conference games a year.  That's a lot of money to pay.  I'm just saying...

I mean yeah we already had tons of money and now just happened to sign a deal to get 15 mil a year for a long time. Football is the money making sport and we have the money.  I guess it depends how important you think winning is to Trev and my bet is quite a lot. 

12 minutes ago, admo said:

Well first of all, Cincinnati officially joins the Big 12 in July.  It will be interesting to see if they can remain a top 3 team with OSU and Baylor.  Winner of Big 12 will be in the playoffs, so that's exciting for them.  And Iowa State might not be too far back either.  So that's Fickell and Aranda and Campbell.  No more OU and Texas in the way.  Meanwhile, the Big Ten is adding USC (Lincoln Riley) and UCLA (Chip Kelly).  Who knows who else.  As a head football coach of a university that gets paid well, is building a very, very good team, an NCAA playoff run in 2023 and beyond is more realistic in the Big 12 then the Big Ten.  And it looks like Lieopold (KU) might be enjoying his conference whereabouts too, while playing games vs KSU, ISU, etc.  That's 4 coaches that are doing well.  Why would someone think Nebraska is the better draw then what those coaches already have?  I doubt anyone does, except those who are fans of the Big Red - and desperately need them - and so they believe "well, we are Nebraska, just give loads of money and resources, and they will come - because we are the good life".  I just don't see the Huskers pulling in a good coach from the P5.  FCS ?  Probably.  G5?  Also very likely.  The hopes should not be high just because.........

I see where you’re coming from regarding why a coach wouldn’t want to leave something they’ve built just to restart at NU.

Losing OU and UT will be detrimental to the B12, at least to start. B12 is going to be .5-1 game behind SEC and B1G schools in terms of SOS conversation. USC to the B1G will strengthen the conference too. 

A guy like Campbell, who has a nice 4mil base with 250k bonus per win for winning more than 7 games would have to be paid what…$6-7mil to think about coming to NU? That’s a lot of money for a coach without a conference title who hasn’t quite parlayed success into greater results. It actually makes me worried if he comes to NU, based on his own words and what you’ve expressed. 

Breaking bank on  guys like Urban have no guarantees and larger buyouts. Going next tier below will cost more to lure someone away, like you’re saying, and large buyout. And a lesser coach would not move the needle.

The more I think about it, this is a really tricky coaching search. If I were Trev, I would weed out anyone who isn’t a football junkie for life who insists on self and team discipline. At this moment, Lincoln isn’t any better than Ames, but when momentum swings our way and all the resources built, then I believe it should turn into an unstoppable force. 

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, skers83 said:

Harbaugh has been at Michigan 7 seasons. Why the f*€k do they get to play over 24 games a year.

:)

Yeah….

Harbaugh is 64-24 at Michigan.

He hasn’t won 122 games even if his Stanford record is included. I have no idea where 122-51 came from. He’s 93-45 overall. Maybe he included his record as a player. If we did that with Frost he’d probably still be our coach :lol:

Edit- My bad. That includes San Francisco