Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Why?

This ^

I just don't get all the love for Aranda. I mean, he might be okay I guess. But some of y'all are acting like he's the second coming, with literally nothing to base that on.

I'm surprised you have such a blind spot towards Aranda.  He was the DC at Wisconsin from 2013-2015 when they were pretty good (minus getting boatraced by Ohio State that won the National Title) and then he DC'd at LSU in 2019 when they were arguably the best CFB team of all time.  No kidding his numbers weren't great in 2019, they were hanging 60 on everyone and the starters were only playing half the games.  They completely smothered Georgia/OU/Clemson in the last 3 games of the year.

31 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I personally don't view those schools on that level; those coaches fall into my "currently experiencing success at another P5 school and likely won't leave" category.

Well, I hope you're wrong. We've fallen off, but we're still a blue blood program (albeit probably barely) with a ton more football emphasis and resources than those places. I'd like to think we're still viewed that way. The clock is ticking on that perception for sure, so this hire needs to be a home run or we're going to be the next Minnesota.

As for Deion, he's probably the least likely of any candidate I've seen mentioned. 

Why? The more I look into him, he checks most all the boxes and then some. Hell, I may be higher on him than Urban right now. Well, not really, but he definitely makes up for a lot of the moral/ethical deficiencies that Urban clearly has. Dude is a winner and seems to have all the things Nebraska stands for and, probably more importantly, needs. He's out-recruiting a lot of the other names I'm seeing thrown around at Jackson freakin State. Fans don't like him because he's too "flashy" and doesn't wear overalls. Well, guess who does like that...recruits! He's an instant cleanse to the negative stigma that is part of what has us where we are.

24 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm surprised you have such a blind spot towards Aranda.  He was the DC at Wisconsin from 2013-2015 when they were pretty good (minus getting boatraced by Ohio State that won the National Title) and then he DC'd at LSU in 2019 when they were arguably the best CFB team of all time.  No kidding his numbers weren't great in 2019, they were hanging 60 on everyone and the starters were only playing half the games.  They completely smothered Georgia/OU/Clemson in the last 3 games of the year.

I have the blind spot? If a couple good years as a DC is all you have to sell me on, I don't think I'm the one with the blind spot. I live an hour and a half away from Waco and I'm surrounded by Baylor fans and media and nobody down here seems to be as high on him as a lot of Nebraska fans are. He was viewed as a pretty nice little hire...for Baylor. And he hasn't done anything since to make him any part of a hot name when it comes to coaching searches. Hell, I think most Baylor fans would trade getting Matt Rhule back for Aranda all f#&%ing day. Sorry, I'm just not seeing it. Hopefully Trev's not either.

If MJ can change the culture and get this thing turned around this year.....he should get the nod. I can't even express enough how disappointed I am in Frost. All it will take to turn this program around is some sort of accountability with the players and staff. We were practically in every game last year. This team flat out quit. Now we are trying to salvage the season. Mentally they are drained, but if they can get some wins this could turn completely around. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
12 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

If MJ can change the culture and get this thing turned around this year.....he should get the nod. I can't even express enough how disappointed I am in Frost. All it will take to turn this program around is some sort of accountability with the players and staff. We were practically in every game last year. This team flat out quit. Now we are trying to salvage the season. Mentally they are drained, but if they can get some wins this could turn completely around. 

Define "get this thing turned around this year." A handful of wins against teams we're supposed to beat doesn't do enough to keep MJ on as head coach for me. Program needs a complete overhaul. We're not at a "just some paint and landscaping" remodel level, we're at a "full gut - take it to the studs" remodel level.