Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Curt Cignetti, previously worked at Bama under Saban

Wow never heard of him but his overall record is 103-3.  Yes I know people are going to question who he has gone up against but winning is winning. He's 36-5 at James Madison which is impressive to me. He will get hired by a power 5 program eventually but I definitely would like to keep a eye on him more through out the season to see if Husker Fans would accept him.

Klieman and or Leipold are really good coaches that the fan base would boycott if announced as our next HC.  Some obvious facts about some of these guys. 

Matt Rhule rebuilt Baylor before Aranda came on board.  Aranda is doing a fine job, but he didn't inherit a mess. 

Klieman inherited a pretty solid program from Snyder, but has beaten OU 3 out of the last 4 years...........3-1 against OU.

Leipold inherited the worst P-5 program in the country and even if they don't win another game this season, he has done a really good job.  4-0  Again, if they don't win another game, he is still a great coach. 

I believe that either of these coaches would be great gets, but they are not sexy hires and might not win 9 games in there first season here, but they will rebuild our lost culture and start to develop our players once again.  I am not against Aranda, but he didn't remake Baylor or rebuild Baylor.  He actually inherited a pretty good program.  If Texas keeps losing, whose there next HC?  Aranda?  Meyer?  Something to keep an eye on going forward.............

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Klieman and or Leipold are really good coaches that the fan base would boycott if announced as our next HC.  Some obvious facts about some of these guys. 

Matt Rhule rebuilt Baylor before Aranda came on board.  Aranda is doing a fine job, but he didn't inherit a mess. 

Klieman inherited a pretty solid program from Snyder, but has beaten OU 3 out of the last 4 years...........3-1 against OU.

Leipold inherited the worst P-5 program in the country and even if they don't win another game this season, he has done a really good job.  4-0  Again, if they don't win another game, he is still a great coach. 

I believe that either of these coaches would be great gets, but they are not sexy hires and might not win 9 games in there first season here, but they will rebuild our lost culture and start to develop our players once again.  I am not against Aranda, but he didn't remake Baylor or rebuild Baylor.  He actually inherited a pretty good program.  If Texas keeps losing, whose there next HC?  Aranda?  Meyer?  Something to keep an eye on going forward.............

The bolded sentence is bulls#!t. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3
7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Should Klieman be a dark horse at this point?

I mean I understand why he’d be the least sexy hire but hard to argue he’s not a competent program builder and talent maximized watching the way he just walked into Norman and kicked their a$$ with AM tonight.

He caught my eye a couple weeks ago. Saw him working with his kids one on one into the final minute of play. No one is perfect, but he apparently prepares his team well and they limit mistakes. 

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Oklahoma got beat by KState 
KState got beat by Tulane 
Tulane got beat by USM 
USM got beat by Miami 
Miami got beat by Middle Tennessee 
Middle Tennessee got beat by James Madison 

James Madison is undefeated.

HIRE THEIR COACH

Well done! Lol

8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Should Klieman be a dark horse at this point?

I mean I understand why he’d be the least sexy hire but hard to argue he’s not a competent program builder and talent maximized watching the way he just walked into Norman and kicked their a$$ with AM tonight.

And most Husker fans hate AM