Who should our next HC be?

17 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Or we need someone who can build the program up and develop players instead of trying to mask our deficiencies with a new image.

Deion Sanders is the ultimate flash and no substance hire. Like anyone else, he could end up being a good or bad coach for the Huskers, but he's only got a couple of years of coaching experience above high school - not just HC experience but any experience.

17 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

As @RedDenver said, all flash and no substance. His formula at Jackson St does not translate to what Nebraska needs at all. I’ve seen absolutely nothing that leads me to believe he would have any success at Nebraska or in the B1G.

Horribly simple-minded and uneducated posts. You can say he doesn’t have enough coaching experience, but to say he’s all flash and no substance should make you feel embarrassed.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yeah I was just kidding around, I’m sure he’s not on our radar, but he seems to be a good coach. 

Broadcasters have talked about teams should try and go get sun belt head coaches bc of how much success they been having. He's 61 rn so nobody knows how many years he has left to coach or if he wants to step up in competition.  SF looked energizer when he got here by the time he left, he looked worn down and old and he isn't even 50 yet lol.

8 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Klieman and or Leipold are really good coaches that the fan base would boycott if announced as our next HC.  Some obvious facts about some of these guys. 

Matt Rhule rebuilt Baylor before Aranda came on board.  Aranda is doing a fine job, but he didn't inherit a mess. 

Klieman inherited a pretty solid program from Snyder, but has beaten OU 3 out of the last 4 years...........3-1 against OU.

Leipold inherited the worst P-5 program in the country and even if they don't win another game this season, he has done a really good job.  4-0  Again, if they don't win another game, he is still a great coach. 

I believe that either of these coaches would be great gets, but they are not sexy hires and might not win 9 games in there first season here, but they will rebuild our lost culture and start to develop our players once again.  I am not against Aranda, but he didn't remake Baylor or rebuild Baylor.  He actually inherited a pretty good program.  If Texas keeps losing, whose there next HC?  Aranda?  Meyer?  Something to keep an eye on going forward.............

Probably for the best.  Memorial Stadium needs to reduce seating anyway...

• Haha 3

Here is a list of active coaches with the best winning percentage.  There are many good names on this list. Of those coaching more than 50 games in the top 25 list:

1. Deboer is number 1 followed by several big names.

2. Curt Cignetti is not a name I have heard much about but it appears he coached under Saban for 4 years.

3. Bryan Harsin has only been at Auburn for 2 seasons but he had a rough first year and Auburn fans seemed to want him gone.

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

9 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Klieman and or Leipold are really good coaches that the fan base would boycott if announced as our next HC.  Some obvious facts about some of these guys. 

Matt Rhule rebuilt Baylor before Aranda came on board.  Aranda is doing a fine job, but he didn't inherit a mess. 

Klieman inherited a pretty solid program from Snyder, but has beaten OU 3 out of the last 4 years...........3-1 against OU.

Leipold inherited the worst P-5 program in the country and even if they don't win another game this season, he has done a really good job.  4-0  Again, if they don't win another game, he is still a great coach. 

I believe that either of these coaches would be great gets, but they are not sexy hires and might not win 9 games in there first season here, but they will rebuild our lost culture and start to develop our players once again.  I am not against Aranda, but he didn't remake Baylor or rebuild Baylor.  He actually inherited a pretty good program.  If Texas keeps losing, whose there next HC?  Aranda?  Meyer?  Something to keep an eye on going forward.............

Klieman just beat OU doing what we've been doing to Martinez....running him until he's dead. They did make a few changes to protect him though, like blocking so he doesn't get touched half the time and telling him to slide before he gets hit. I hope it works out for them. Klieman, Bohl, and Entz are all NDSU coaches who put together solid teams with regular guys. Their system appears to run like a freight train, but there's always the question of how it will transfer to the big leagues. Getting one of these guys is probably a good way to build a foundation for your program. It most likely wouldn't work for a super elite program like Nebraska, but an ordinary program could build themselves up to the level of a Minnesota and see where they can go from there when they're able to draw better talent.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedRig said:

I predict Urban goes to Auburn to see what he can do in the SEC again.  

I don't predict anything bc I don't know. Can Nebraska please have a coach in place soon? If the season isn't already long bc of what has transpired, the coaching search already feels like its going to drag on for months.  Months and months of speculation and wishing and predictions. Boy do I love college football and everything that it involves.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, BigRedRig said:

I predict Urban goes to Auburn to see what he can do in the SEC again.  

Get one last giant bag of money after duping the Auburn boosters into thinking he seriously wants to coach again and getting fired inside of 3 years.

FIFY!  

I do think Urban to Auburn is at least plausible.  Those boosters have unholy amounts of money to spend and if someone rolls up to Urb's house and says, "Hey, here's a blank check, just fill in the zeros" I would believe you.  What if they pay Urbs like...$10mm/year?

• Fire 1