Who should our next HC be?

On 9/22/2022 at 11:14 AM, Red Five said:

I found this funny from Sipple on Sharp & Benning.

When asked about the Feldman report and his thoughts on the search, Sipple said: "I'm not really trying to find out exactly what's going on because its so early... It doesn't make sense for me to pour energy into it each day"

Is there anyone in the Nebraska "established media" that is worse than Sipple?

Sipple's On3 column this morning: "Nebraska fans should keep a close eye on Aranda"

Sipple on the radio this morning: "no chance" of getting Aranda

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Is there anyone in the Nebraska "established media" that is worse than Sipple?

Sipple's On3 column this morning: "Nebraska fans should keep a close eye on Aranda"

Sipple on the radio this morning: "no chance" of getting Aranda

I find Sipple unique and entertaining.  But, yes it’s hard sometimes to take him seriously.  

• TBH 1

7 minutes ago, GSG said:

I'll bet there are similar threads on GT boards talking about all the reasons he'd be a great hire. 

His contract at Jackson State is $1.2 million over four years. He's looking for a payday, and he's not going to get it at an HBCU, so he's got his agent beating the bushes for any hint of an FBS gig.

13 hours ago, M.A. said:

“I want guys who can impose their will on others. I tell guys to finish a block, even if a defender is out of a play. I want my offensive lineman to put him on the ground, and have all 300 pounds land on him, just so he knows how that feels. I’m not talking about diving at a guy’s knees. I’m talking about physical aggression.”

Yes.  Never let that defender, even if he's out of the play, take the play off.  Make him get back up off the ground.  That wears on a defender over the period of a game and pays dividends in the 4th quarter.  It's also demoralizing.

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, admo said:

"He's not from Wood River"

"Mike Riley gave up almost 100 points in his last 3 games"

"Eichorst"

"It's not Trev's problem.  It's a problem for Trev and Nebraska"

"We should have hired Matt Damon"

"It takes 12 years to recover from Mike Riley"

"Art Briles and Urban are the worst people ever"

"3rd and 8? Run the damn ball!"

He almost drowned in the Niobrara

He saved a sandhills crane

He Ran from Valentine to O'Neill

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, notcorn said:

This is 2022.  We now know Frost is not a great HC by all the antecdotal evidence in the almost 200 pages on this site.

Ripping me for using wiki to fact check?  Ouch man.  Take it easy.  My thin illini skin can only take so much.

We love winning in Lincoln.  May the tradition continue.  ;)

Big Red Nation.  I learned that on this thread.  Sorry I was trying to be cool like you.

This is what folks in Illinois do when they're waiting to collect their GED's...

:dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'll bet there are similar threads on GT boards talking about all the reasons he'd be a great hire. 

His contract at Jackson State is $1.2 million over four years. He's looking for a payday, and he's not going to get it at an HBCU, so he's got his agent @Red Silk Smoking Jacket beating the bushes for any hint of an FBS gig.

FIFY

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4