Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Our brand name and financial resources still mean a hell of a lot.

The brand couldn't attract a top tier, highly sought after coach when Solich, Calahan, and Pelini were fired.  Frost was highly sought after, but he had the connection.  There is no reason to think the brand could attract one now.

And as for recruits, a 17 year old recruit wasn't even born the last time the Huskers were a major power.  I'd guess kids start playing close attention to College Football when they're 10 to 12 years old.  The Huskers haven''t been relevant in college football at all since today's recruits were that age.

Money yes.  Loyal fan base and enthusiasm, yes.  Those are the strong points.  Brand name, no indication of that, no.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We talk about that :01 a lot, but honestly think we win that game if Adi Kunelic doesn't pick that moment to have have the worst kickoff of his career.

Don't forget the 15 yard PF penalty against Asante first play after the KO. Without that extra 15 yards UT would have been out of field goal range. That and the mentioned kick-off OOB really doomed us to the ending the way it did. Everybody b!^@hes about the 01 second but watching the replays many times the ball clearly hit the ground with :01 on the clock.

• Plus1 2

Leonhard is out. Aranda was the better DC at Wisconsin and is much more a better candidate.  Meyer, Sanders, Aranda, Gundy are probably my top 4.  Chadwell is my safety net because then we just recruit for that system and either it wins or flames out and we are back at it again in 4 years.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Leonhard is out. Aranda was the better DC at Wisconsin and is much more a better candidate.  Meyer, Sanders, Aranda, Gundy are probably my top 4.  Chadwell is my safety net because then we just recruit for that system and either it wins or flames out and we are back at it again in 4 years.

I think if we were to hire Chadwell our defense would suffer just like when we hired Scott. It wouldn't get any better.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think if we were to hire Chadwell our defense would suffer just like when we hired Scott. It wouldn't get any better.

Maybe even his offense. As much as I like Jamey Chadwell it’s a whole different ballgame in the Big 10. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, TGHusker said:

:backtotopic

An argument is being made that GT is a better job than Nebraska.   A few valid points -  -1. easier place to find recruits around GT - my counter is that NIL levels that some what and the right coach will draw in great players OR develop / coach up those he has    2.Expectations - Yes Nebraska's expectation have been unrealistic - but  right now we are at the bottom - so those expectations aren't so high as when we hired Frost to get us to the NCG by year 5.   - 3.  ACC - easier schedule - that will always be the case I think just by the make up of the conferences.  Depends if the coach wants a real challenge or not. They can possibly take the easier route to the playoffs and then flop once there or face tougher competition in conference and be prepared for the playoffs.   With the right coach, and with out financial resources and fan support, I think we can overcome these issues. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/football-world-is-debating-nebraska-vs-georgia-tech-job/ar-AA12jZBi?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=147cfe7a1efe49fee9f2ba98d1d11195

lol talk about click bait.  Brad crawford clearly graduated from the Stephen A smith school of saying dumb s#!t for headlines to get more traffic. 

Sure more recruits but casually forgets to mention they are smack dab in SEC & ACC country.  While more recruits are in their backyard, good luck competing against 30 schools pretty close by and GT not even a high caliber ACC team.  If the florida states, miamis and Tennessee's (up until this year) of the world have struggled to return to prominence who tf would want to go to GT to try and win. 

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

What about Lane?  

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don’t disagree. I want a homerun hire but if it’s Chadwell he is the best of the “meh’s” because he will give us the identity so many crave and that will probably be good for a couple games before our defense gets obliterated by Ball State or something.

The more I think about this it is so obvious we have to go all in. If not now, then when?  We need a statement hire in the baddest of ways. We can’t start rowing the boat with our own who’s that guy hire as we are oceans behind. Give me some playmakers on all sides of the ball and my nuclear submarine will blow up the boat. 

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

I don’t disagree. I want a homerun hire but if it’s Chadwell he is the best of the “meh’s” because he will give us the identity so many crave and that will probably be good for a couple games before our defense gets obliterated by Ball State or something.

The more I think about this it is so obvious we have to go all in. If not now, then when?  We need a statement hire in the baddest of ways. We can’t start rowing the boat with our own who’s that guy hire as we are oceans behind. Give me some playmakers on all sides of the ball and my nuclear submarine will blow up the boat. 

Well I keep hearing the media's choice is Lance Leipold bc of what he has done at Kansas. I hate the media outlets bc they obviously feel he would be a great hire. Big 10 football and Big 12 football are two totally different leagues with their styles and toughness. When we joined, we thought we could hang with the big boys, boy were we in wrong.  The media and certain fans that want him would say that's a statement hire.