Who should our next HC be?

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Trev's primary resource is this thread, as it should be. We're brilliant.

:D

Not that it really matters, but I think we should keep in mind that Frost was much more than a fan choice back in 2017. He was probably the hottest coaching candidate as that season went along, and likely the biggest reason Nebraska got him was because of his ties to the state. Florida and Tennessee were also pushing him hard and just about every college football analyst/pundit thought that Nebraska had hit an absolute home run with that hire.

Naturally, there were some questions about how it would all work out and what it would look like, but I think it is an unfair disservice to a lot of people who worked hard to make that hire happen if we characterize it as a "fan choice." There were a lot of teams that wanted Frost and there were a lot of reasons to like him as a candidate.

true...lots of people thought frost was the best choice...but if Moos had hired anyone other than frost he would have been tarred and feathered by the fans.  

11 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

What if Mickey gets the job and hires Ed Orgeron as his DC/DL coach?  

I did see Pernell from SI mention if Joseph ever got a shot to interview he'd need to present Trev a proven staff of guys.  It did include Ed as DL coach and Herman as OC, his bro Vance as DC as "big name" suggestions to present to Trev if it ever materialized.  Pretty good article overall.  Some click bait to see who his top choices are...

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/football/jeremy-pernell-parsing-the-huskers-coaching-possibilities

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

34 minutes ago, lo country said:

I did see Pernell from SI mention if Joseph ever got a shot to interview he'd need to present Trev a proven staff of guys.  It did include Ed as DL coach and Herman as OC, his bro Vance as DC as "big name" suggestions to present to Trev if it ever materialized.  Pretty good article overall.  Some click bait to see who his top choices are...

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/football/jeremy-pernell-parsing-the-huskers-coaching-possibilities

Interesting perspective. Agreeing with much of it. I’d love to see Mickey do well. 

I think Mickey is popular enough today but between now and then, 7 or 8 games are happening.  Anything can happen.  

Heck, MJ may get hired away along with his staffers etc.   He may not want the job either.  

The HC needs to be a great hire OR the a great fit type with splash DC and or OC. I don’t know if Vance Hoseph is a splash or not?   What kind of actual proven DC record does Vance have?   If he is an option, could he come now?

it may be that Trev is auditioning the entire staff not just MJ.  He may have other DC guys too.  It may be he has a great DC and another WRs guy for example.   Or he has a complete team of coaches in mind.   Some guys may want to leave at year end.  

So many contingencies it’s impossible to guess how it all plays out.  

I’ll give any new crew my support but at this point, I’m not excited about Fleck, Leopoldo, Campbell unless as assistants ?   None meet my stature test.  I’d keep Whipple and MJ over them.   Aranda seems like my favorite but Rhule and Stoops maybe close.  I prefer a defense guy as that’s what we need most with the recent O staff hires.  

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Luke Fickell will come for the right amount. He has a personality that will fit the Trev mold and he has Cincinnati clicking on all cylinders. I also like O’Brien and Bret Bielema. Illinois will make some noise this season.

I'm glad Huskerboard has all these insiders, makes this whole process so much clearer...

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

Man, Kiffin would be such a good pick. His Offence is really fun to watch. Made a below average QB look like Lamar Jackson last year. 

He sounds pretty frustrated wt the lack of excitement at Ole Miss.

Welcome to Lincoln Lane:B)  Come to Lincoln to get your crowd 'fix'.

12 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Luke Fickell will come for the right amount. He has a personality that will fit the Trev mold and he has Cincinnati clicking on all cylinders. I also like O’Brien and Bret Bielema. Illinois will make some noise this season.

Luke Fickell is a good coach, but you lost me at O'Brien and Bert. Alabama fans want to get rid of O'Brien and Bert is Bert. 

• Plus1 1